Helpful Links

No VOLTE on non-ATT branded phones.

No VOLTE on non-ATT branded phones.

I have a Moto G4 that I purchased directly from Lenovo. ATT disables VOLTE on my phone because I didn't get it directly from the carrier.

While on TMO, I was able to use the VOLTE feature without restriction. Does Att have plans to rollout VOLTE to unbranded devices soon?
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Anthony.Dukes
‎08-27-2017 6:22 AM

Re: No VOLTE on non-ATT branded phones.

To be accurate, it's on the carrier side, not your phone, as you point out, the phone is capable, Att just doesn't let most non branded phones use it.  And if you're on prepaid, no phones (branded or not) get VoLTE.  

When?  The sarcastic side of me is going with "when pigs fly".  But it's more like, when ATT realizes they aren't making a profit off branded phones, but are making a profit off service to non branded.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements...

Learn how you can order the new iPad 9.7-inch with Apple Pencil Support!

Additional Support