Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 28, 2013
2:31:10 PM
View profile
No Sony Phones?

No Sony phones are avaliable in the store. Also, Xperia Z and ZL are not coming to ATT? ATT has carried Sony phones since.... forever? What's going on? Anyone have any ideas about weither or not they are picking up any new SE phones?

If not... I guess i'll have to take my business else where... after 10 years... sad...

No Sony phones are avaliable in the store. Also, Xperia Z and ZL are not coming to ATT? ATT has carried Sony phones since.... forever? What's going on? Anyone have any ideas about weither or not they are picking up any new SE phones?

If not... I guess i'll have to take my business else where... after 10 years... sad...

No Sony Phones?

21 replies
(5) Me too
(5) Me too
View all replies
(21)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2013 8:56:15 PM
(0)
Employee

AT&T usually has the newest devices and exclusive devices all the time. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a few new phones making an apperance shortly.

AT&T usually has the newest devices and exclusive devices all the time. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a few new phones making an apperance shortly.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: No Sony Phones?

2 of 22 (34,774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 3:40:10 AM
(0)
Scholar
Buy unlocked Sony, better off. I do, and do not regret buying unlocked.

3 of 22 (34,550 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2013 1:57:17 PM
(0)
Guru

frothe3 wrote:

Yup.  Unlocked is the way to go.  You can be assured that even if AT&T offered the Z or ZL, it would be inferior to the unlocked version - Slower updates, broken carrier bloatware, and worst of all, locked bootloader to prevent you from escaping the bloat.

frothe3 wrote:

Yup.  Unlocked is the way to go.  You can be assured that even if AT&T offered the Z or ZL, it would be inferior to the unlocked version - Slower updates, broken carrier bloatware, and worst of all, locked bootloader to prevent you from escaping the bloat.

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

4 of 22 (34,492 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 1:05:52 PM
(0)
Mentor

AT&T isnt picking up any of the 2013 Sony phones that includes the Z, ZL, Z Ultra and the unannounced Honami.  Don't know who it is that picks devices to pick up at AT&T but they should be fired.  AT&T won't have another Sony phone until at least next year.  

AT&T isnt picking up any of the 2013 Sony phones that includes the Z, ZL, Z Ultra and the unannounced Honami.  Don't know who it is that picks devices to pick up at AT&T but they should be fired.  AT&T won't have another Sony phone until at least next year.  

5 of 22 (34,456 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2013 10:19:44 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by gaza1010 on Jul 31, 2013 at 10:21:18 PM

Hello everyone! So I been keeping an eye out for the upcoming Sony Xperia Z Ultra and I happened to stumble on 3 different variant of it! The C6802, C6833, C6806. So which one is compatible with AT&T network? Now the listing is as follow:

• Xperia Z Ultra LTE C6806 

Z Ultra C6833 supported bands : UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz; GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz; LTE (Bands I, II, III, IV, V, VII, VIII, XX)

2G Network

GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - all versions

3G Network

HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - all versions

4G Network

LTE 700 / 850 / 900/ 1700 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600 - C6806

• Xperia Z Ultra LTE C6833

Xperia Z Ultra C6806 supported bands : UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz; GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz LTE (Bands I, II, IIII, V, VII, VIII, XVII)

• Xperia Z Ultra HSPA+ C6802

Xperia Z Ultra C6802 supported bands : UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz; GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz.

I am betting on the C6806 and after some researching it seems that that's the only model to support AT&T network and T-Mobile. Am I correct? I don't know these bands/frequencies stuff so I just had to ask.

Hello everyone! So I been keeping an eye out for the upcoming Sony Xperia Z Ultra and I happened to stumble on 3 different variant of it! The C6802, C6833, C6806. So which one is compatible with AT&T network? Now the listing is as follow:

• Xperia Z Ultra LTE C6806 

Z Ultra C6833 supported bands : UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz; GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz; LTE (Bands I, II, III, IV, V, VII, VIII, XX)

2G Network

GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - all versions

3G Network

HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - all versions

4G Network

LTE 700 / 850 / 900/ 1700 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600 - C6806

• Xperia Z Ultra LTE C6833

Xperia Z Ultra C6806 supported bands : UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz; GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz LTE (Bands I, II, IIII, V, VII, VIII, XVII)

• Xperia Z Ultra HSPA+ C6802

Xperia Z Ultra C6802 supported bands : UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz; GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz.

I am betting on the C6806 and after some researching it seems that that's the only model to support AT&T network and T-Mobile. Am I correct? I don't know these bands/frequencies stuff so I just had to ask.

Which Xperia Z Ultra is for AT&T?

[ Edited ]
6 of 22 (34,019 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 2:09:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Seems more or less the Ultra LTE C6833 only because it has all the bands AT&T uses as far as 2G,3G,4G and LTE (Bands 4 and 17).

It's not known if AT&T will carry the phone, but that phone is the most compatible.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Seems more or less the Ultra LTE C6833 only because it has all the bands AT&T uses as far as 2G,3G,4G and LTE (Bands 4 and 17).

It's not known if AT&T will carry the phone, but that phone is the most compatible.
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Which Xperia Z Ultra is for AT&T?

7 of 22 (33,992 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 6:38:51 AM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks! Well from the looks of it T-mobile is the only carrier who carries Sony so far in the states so most likely they'll be the one who Sony will most likely go to.
Thanks! Well from the looks of it T-mobile is the only carrier who carries Sony so far in the states so most likely they'll be the one who Sony will most likely go to.

8 of 22 (33,965 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 7:11:12 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have heard that AT&T is not picking up any new Sony models this year.  Earlier in the year, I was really wanting the Xperia Z, but after doing a lot of research, and finding some indication of the above, I decided to give up on a Sony/ATT new offering and bought the HTC One.  I honestly hope that AT&T gets smart and picks up some of the new Sony stuff, but I have seen nothing that suggests this anytime soon.

I have heard that AT&T is not picking up any new Sony models this year.  Earlier in the year, I was really wanting the Xperia Z, but after doing a lot of research, and finding some indication of the above, I decided to give up on a Sony/ATT new offering and bought the HTC One.  I honestly hope that AT&T gets smart and picks up some of the new Sony stuff, but I have seen nothing that suggests this anytime soon.

9 of 22 (33,964 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 7:26:41 AM
(0)
Tutor

Check out the last post in this discussion: http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/No-Sony-Phones/td-p/3513325

BTW, I am totally happy and amazed daily by the HTC One.  I highly recommend it, and this is coming from a Sony fanboy. 

Check out the last post in this discussion: http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/No-Sony-Phones/td-p/3513325

BTW, I am totally happy and amazed daily by the HTC One.  I highly recommend it, and this is coming from a Sony fanboy. 

10 of 22 (33,959 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 9:55:54 AM
(0)
Tutor

Well in that case I would just have to purchase it unlocked straight from Sony if I want to. My friend has the HTC One. Looks great. But as of now I'm just waiting and looking out for a little something better. I'm still on the Galaxy S3 as of now and I can't stand TouchWiz, but the new Sense on the One looks quite attractive.

Well in that case I would just have to purchase it unlocked straight from Sony if I want to. My friend has the HTC One. Looks great. But as of now I'm just waiting and looking out for a little something better. I'm still on the Galaxy S3 as of now and I can't stand TouchWiz, but the new Sense on the One looks quite attractive.

11 of 22 (33,924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2013 7:59:16 AM
(0)
Contributor

Guess I will be going to T Mobile now after 20 years with AT&T.  I love the reviews of the Xperia Z and I want one!  I think AT&T have dropped the ball here - their local stores said wait till August when I enquired about availabilty a month ago!  I have seen and used the Xperia TL and thought it was a good phone.

Guess I will be going to T Mobile now after 20 years with AT&T.  I love the reviews of the Xperia Z and I want one!  I think AT&T have dropped the ball here - their local stores said wait till August when I enquired about availabilty a month ago!  I have seen and used the Xperia TL and thought it was a good phone.

12 of 22 (33,787 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2013 10:33:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Sorry to hear that Jukesa. Smiley Sad However, I would hate to see you sacrifice reliable coverage in your area to another carrier where it may or may not be up to par. Smiley Sad

Have you tried seeing if there is an unlocked version of the device? The unlocked version if available should work on AT&T since unlocked devices usually carry all the bands AT&T uses. And the best part, you would get updates as soon as Sony themselves releases them. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Sorry to hear that Jukesa. Smiley Sad However, I would hate to see you sacrifice reliable coverage in your area to another carrier where it may or may not be up to par. Smiley Sad

Have you tried seeing if there is an unlocked version of the device? The unlocked version if available should work on AT&T since unlocked devices usually carry all the bands AT&T uses. And the best part, you would get updates as soon as Sony themselves releases them. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

13 of 22 (33,774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 2:14:47 PM
(0)
Tutor
"‎08-01-2013 05:09:08 AM

~ Evandela ~"

I'm sorry Evandela, but "seems more or less" and "most compatible" is still a bit ambiguous and inconclussive. Has there been any certain confirmation that the Sony Xperia Z Ultra LTE C6833 is entirely compatible or incompatible with AT&T 4G LTE? I'm hoping that more data on this question has become available in the last 3+ months. I've read conflicting reports on this subject.  
"‎08-01-2013 05:09:08 AM

~ Evandela ~"

I'm sorry Evandela, but "seems more or less" and "most compatible" is still a bit ambiguous and inconclussive. Has there been any certain confirmation that the Sony Xperia Z Ultra LTE C6833 is entirely compatible or incompatible with AT&T 4G LTE? I'm hoping that more data on this question has become available in the last 3+ months. I've read conflicting reports on this subject.  

14 of 22 (29,113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 3:30:30 PM
(0)
Mentor

The C6806 is the one that is most compatible with AT&T as it has band 4 LTE where as the C6833 does not.  The C6833 will work but if you area is using band 4 for LTE you will not get it.  If you want 100% AT&T comatibility you need the C6806. 

I have this model.  It works great and LTE speeds are outstanding on it.  AT&T will not be picking up the Ultra or Z1.

The C6806 is the one that is most compatible with AT&T as it has band 4 LTE where as the C6833 does not.  The C6833 will work but if you area is using band 4 for LTE you will not get it.  If you want 100% AT&T comatibility you need the C6806. 

I have this model.  It works great and LTE speeds are outstanding on it.  AT&T will not be picking up the Ultra or Z1.

15 of 22 (29,098 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 4:17:41 PM
(0)
Tutor

Spectre51, thanks for the quick reply on an old thread. I'm trying to determine what LTE band is used in my area (48198). Do I understand correctly that AT&T's use of band 4 for LTE is not uniform throughout the country? If so, than how do AT&T's customers whith AT&T devices fare when traveling across the country? Quit clearly the 6806 works, but as of now the 6806 is between $80 to $180 more than the 6833. That difference is enough to me to warrant further exploration of the 6833. I'm still very curious about Evandela's comments from August indicating the 6833 being compatible.

Spectre51, thanks for the quick reply on an old thread. I'm trying to determine what LTE band is used in my area (48198). Do I understand correctly that AT&T's use of band 4 for LTE is not uniform throughout the country? If so, than how do AT&T's customers whith AT&T devices fare when traveling across the country? Quit clearly the 6806 works, but as of now the 6806 is between $80 to $180 more than the 6833. That difference is enough to me to warrant further exploration of the 6833. I'm still very curious about Evandela's comments from August indicating the 6833 being compatible.

16 of 22 (29,085 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 4:43:59 PM
(0)
Mentor

Yes it is not throughout the country.  For customers not in a band 4 area they will fall back to HSPA.  Also be aware Sony doesn't officially offer the C6833 in the US which means you will be unable to get warranty support from them as the device is technically an import.  Sony only offers the C6602 and C6806 in the US.

Technically her comments about the C6833 being compatible are right, just there should be an * with it saying might not be in all areas.  If you want 100% compatibility it's the C6806.

Yes it is not throughout the country.  For customers not in a band 4 area they will fall back to HSPA.  Also be aware Sony doesn't officially offer the C6833 in the US which means you will be unable to get warranty support from them as the device is technically an import.  Sony only offers the C6602 and C6806 in the US.

Technically her comments about the C6833 being compatible are right, just there should be an * with it saying might not be in all areas.  If you want 100% compatibility it's the C6806.

17 of 22 (29,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 6:19:53 AM
(0)
Tutor

Spectre51 thanks for the conclusive answers and for explaining so much. C6806 it is. 

I have one more question. The only phones I have had have all been supplied by the carrier as part of the contract, I have never bought one seperately in the manner we are discussing with the Sony Ultra. With my previous phones the carriers have all offered device insurance to cover breakage, lost/ stolen etc. How can similiar insurance be acquired for phones bought outside the carriers pervue?

Spectre51 thanks for the conclusive answers and for explaining so much. C6806 it is. 

I have one more question. The only phones I have had have all been supplied by the carrier as part of the contract, I have never bought one seperately in the manner we are discussing with the Sony Ultra. With my previous phones the carriers have all offered device insurance to cover breakage, lost/ stolen etc. How can similiar insurance be acquired for phones bought outside the carriers pervue?

18 of 22 (29,006 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 6:45:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Makuavalley wrote:

Squaretrade is one 3rd party smartphone insurance company, that I believe will cover any smartphone that has been purchased in the past 30 days.

I'm sure there are others that offer a similar service.  But Squaretrade is one that users on various smartphone forums seem pretty satisfied with, and they are well reviewed.

http://www.squaretrade.com/smartphone-warranty

Carriers themselves don't insure the phones, anyway.  The coverage is actually provided by a 3rd party, and the carriers just offer the insurance as a middle man.  The actual insurer for AT&T is Asurion:

http://www.asurion.com/replace/phone-insurance/

Makuavalley wrote:

Squaretrade is one 3rd party smartphone insurance company, that I believe will cover any smartphone that has been purchased in the past 30 days.

I'm sure there are others that offer a similar service.  But Squaretrade is one that users on various smartphone forums seem pretty satisfied with, and they are well reviewed.

http://www.squaretrade.com/smartphone-warranty

Carriers themselves don't insure the phones, anyway.  The coverage is actually provided by a 3rd party, and the carriers just offer the insurance as a middle man.  The actual insurer for AT&T is Asurion:

http://www.asurion.com/replace/phone-insurance/

19 of 22 (28,998 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 7:53:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

Wow, you folks are great! I'm so glad I found this forum. Thank you.

20 of 22 (28,895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2013 8:31:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

Sony offers a 2 year device warranty for only $79. Quite a good deal considering the cost of the unlocked phone! 

Sony offers a 2 year device warranty for only $79. Quite a good deal considering the cost of the unlocked phone! 

21 of 22 (28,640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 8:36:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Makuavalley wrote:

No problem.  There is a "kudos" button you can click for any posts you found helpful, is you so desire.

Just sayin'.

Makuavalley wrote:

No problem.  There is a "kudos" button you can click for any posts you found helpful, is you so desire.

Just sayin'.

22 of 22 (28,584 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments