The Samsung Galaxy S24
mjt_cgc's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Friday, August 30th, 2013 5:55 PM

No Notifications on a S2 Skyrocket

Since updating to 4.1.2 I no longer receive any email notifications....sound or visual.  I have spoken to 6 different people at AT&T.....all clueless.  Is this a universal issue?

Thanks

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

Just to confirm, your email accounts are still syncing, yes? You get notifications for incoming SMS/MMS and calls, calendar appts, etc?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

The "sync email" in the settings for each of my email accounts has a check mark. However, "sync email" is greyed out. Likewise in the "exchange server" settings for each email account, sync email, sync contacts, sync calendar, and sync task all have a check mark in the box. However, all are greyed out. And below each of the above settings is a message: "Sync is turned off."  I asked all of the tech people at ATT the following: How do I turn on sync?  No clue.

I've deleted all my email accounts and then reinstalled to see if I could get sync to work. Nothing changed. 

I do get a notification if someone sends a txt message. Likewise in Yahoo Messenger.

Thanks

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

Go online on a computer and check the mobile settings of each of the email accounts you have on your phone. Sometimes settings have to be adjusted on both ends and not just on your mobile in order for your email to properly sync.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

I have email account with Yahoo, Hotmail (Outlook) and Gmail. Checked all
the settings in each account. What am I looking for? I could not find
anything appears to have anything to do with syncing to my phone.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.