The Samsung Galaxy S24
iwantunlimiteddata's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 6th, 2012 2:56 AM

No Mobile Data Toggle After GS3 Jelly Bean Update

I love my GS3, but am disappointed after receiving the much awaited Jelly Bean update for my for my GS3.  WHY DID THE UPDATE NOT INCLUDE THE MOBILE DATA ON/OFF TOGGLE BUTTON?  Since I can no longer get an unlimited data plan, I am dependent upon the mobile data on/off toggle button in the swipe down settings to limit my data usage. I don't understand why ATT GS3s with Jelly Bean don't get the mobile data toggle button, while Sprint GS3s with Jelly Bean still have the mobile data toggle button that was present in Ice Cream Sandwich.   Please tell me this was an honest mistake by ATT and not a deliberate omission.  I have been an ATT customer for over 10 years and have been happy with the service so far.  Hopefully, you can fix the issue with a soon to be released update.  Thank you for your time.

PLEASE RETURN THE MOBILE DATA TOGGLE BUTTON!!!! ADD IT TO GS3 JELLY BEAN!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am completely convinced that this is a ploy to help people along in burning through their data every month due to the inconvenience of shutting off your mobile data. I have an unlimited plan, but i use it to help save my very limited battery. perhaps we can petition this ridiculous move by at&t.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

@apel12 wrote:

How many more apps will we have to install to partially fix the next update from AT&T?

The apps posted look like they're just widgets and not actually part of the integrated pull down functions. This makes it more difficult to make changes while in app screens. Might as well have got an iPhone if I wanted hidden settings.

The Notification Toggle app puts it's toggles on the notification pull-down pane, and it can toggle data (you can configure toggles for about 30 different things).  The app is free, so there's not much to lose trying it except some time configuring it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Same here...sorry to see that one go.  And yes, you can get add on apps, but that is just one more thing to keep track of.  Many would have probably felt different if it wasn't there before, right?  But once you get used to something...

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

11 years ago

Power Toggles. Best widget for controlling WiFi, 4G, GPS, Bluetooth, etc. Very customizable.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

In addition to the missing data toggle I want to know why they changed the alarm app. I can't set repeat options; they removed the options. You gladness only select "weekly" Why did they fix what wasn't broken?

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

11 years ago

power toggles is free and have no adds also.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

AT&T is deliberately making it more difficult for people to toggle off their data.  Like another poster here said, it's disgraceful.

I've had it with AT&T...  I'll be cancelling my landline, changing internet to Comcast, and moving my cell service to another carrier.

Why would I continue to do business with a company who is tries to deliberately undermine me with their product?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.