The Samsung Galaxy S24
iwantunlimiteddata's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 6th, 2012 2:56 AM

No Mobile Data Toggle After GS3 Jelly Bean Update

I love my GS3, but am disappointed after receiving the much awaited Jelly Bean update for my for my GS3.  WHY DID THE UPDATE NOT INCLUDE THE MOBILE DATA ON/OFF TOGGLE BUTTON?  Since I can no longer get an unlimited data plan, I am dependent upon the mobile data on/off toggle button in the swipe down settings to limit my data usage. I don't understand why ATT GS3s with Jelly Bean don't get the mobile data toggle button, while Sprint GS3s with Jelly Bean still have the mobile data toggle button that was present in Ice Cream Sandwich.   Please tell me this was an honest mistake by ATT and not a deliberate omission.  I have been an ATT customer for over 10 years and have been happy with the service so far.  Hopefully, you can fix the issue with a soon to be released update.  Thank you for your time.

PLEASE RETURN THE MOBILE DATA TOGGLE BUTTON!!!! ADD IT TO GS3 JELLY BEAN!!!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I agree, I am very frustrated by the fact that they got rid of the quick toggle in the swipe down settings. This really bothers me.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, agreed that this is a toggle that is much needed on the main swipe down. Please at&t, bring it back.

I wander if the lost of this toggle is also on the other network's version of Jelly Bean updates for the S3.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

I use the Widgetsoid widget on other phones.  This widget has an option for a mobile network toggle.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I couldn't find that in T-mobile S3 which my friend uses. I just found an app called Notification Toggle which will add a row of new icons right on your Notification center and you can add Mobile Data and other imp buttons there. Cheers

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Just sounding off about the Mobile Data toggle being removed.  I know ATT see's these posts....can somebody please say why this was removed.....???

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Meh...we'll get it back with 4.2 at which time everyone else will be running on 6. In the meantime they want to make toggling more cumbersome so people use more data.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

"...want to make toggling more cumbersome so people use more data."

That's exactly what they're doing and it's disgraceful. When people ask me which phone to get I'm going to have them ask me which carrier to get, because AT&T is simply releasing substandard software that is designed to make the lives of customers more difficult.

The same setting can be enabled and disabled with 4 clicks instead of 2. This is an unacceptable regression. It's bad enough we also can't use Google Wallet for NFC payments.

I really didn't want to unlock my phone, but this is just ridiculous.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Why else would AT&T bother and use their resources to remove this? They want us to use more mobile data for higher profit. S3 has total of 9 toggles.. 10 fits right into two pages...I assure you no one from AT&T will reply to this post. If they do they`d better be ready for follow up questions.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

How many more apps will we have to install to partially fix the next update from AT&T?

The apps posted look like they're just widgets and not actually part of the integrated pull down functions. This makes it more difficult to make changes while in app screens. Might as well have got an iPhone if I wanted hidden settings.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.