The Samsung Galaxy S24
MaxG338's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, December 6th, 2016 10:24 PM

No LTE on OnePlus 3T

Hi, I have an unlocked Android smartphone, a OnePlus 3T, that is currently unable to get LTE and can only get HSPA. I was told that the IMEI ranges for these devices need to be  added to your database, then  the 3T will be provisioned for LTE. However, this was supposed to be fixed by December 5th. Is there any way to get an update on the status of this fix?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Well let's put it this way. The Asus zen2 has never been added

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

That's depressing lol

When I chatted with AT&T tech support they made it sound like they were working on it and it wouldn't be more than another week or two...

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

ITS NOT A DIFFICULT F'n UPDATE TO MAKE FOR THEM..... if they do not update, i think they will lose a customer of over 12 years....

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

We have others using this phone with LTE.   Search the forum and you may find the solution.  

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

note those peope did NOT need to update their sim cards from nano to micro i believe...

i am one of the people who had to get their sim card updated to different size.... so i have this problem....

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Exactly.  If you just swap sim cards from your old phone then your IMEI isn 't updated in AT&T's database.  Unfortunately, my old phone used a micro sim and the OP3T uses a nano sim, so I had to get a new sim card from the store.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

If your old phone was a att lte phone have them put that imei back on the line. Easy as 1 2 3

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I heard that was only a temporary solution because AT&T will scan the database occasionally and kick you back down to HSPA if there are IMEI mismatches. Not sure how valid that rumor is.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Well I can say I have never had a problem. I have xiaomi and opo phones and never have lost lte. I change phones like water.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Is there another fix for this guys? any phone for customer service for someone who really wants to take care of the customer? Always is messy change carriers, mostly when you have a family plan for many years but im getting so frustrated with this at the point to change (or change the phone, which I love).

Got the phone brand new last Friday, put the SIM card from my actual iPhone 6S with LTE, the phone works fine but NO LTE. Saturday morning called ATT support, the guy told me that he was going to request the IMEI number to be added to their database, after the call and now 5 days later still no LTE. Last night stopped at the ATT retail store, explain the story, the guy blame the SIM card and gave me a new one, still without LTE. An hour ago called again ATT support to check the status of the IMEI request and a lady told me that they dont have a time frame for that, so, just to put an IMEI number in a computer database they dont have a time frame, I guess is too much work (of course im sarcastic), then she tried in her end a bunch of things and I continue without LTE, to be fair, after that call my phone now is saying H+ in the signal bar (was an H only before) and then she blam the phone (like every body else) saying that is not compatible with their LTE systems. Actually, during our conversation I told her that I found some information on ATT forums about add the IMEI number to the database and she told me that what she found in the forums is that the phone is not compatible with ATT LTE.

When I try the speed test app im getting 2.0 MBS download and 0.25 upload as maximum. Im so frustrating that I even considered change the phone again but I really like this phone, I can't find another one with the same specs, not even the Google Pixel or the Galaxy S7, I really want the phone but sucks to be paying and get that crappy speed.

Any phone number of support for someone who really cares about the customers, know about this and stop blaming the phone which by the specs is the best on the market right now? any trick? any tech savy friend you know?

I appreciate any help, meanwhile Ill be checking on TMobile plans and see if the phone works with them, Thanks in advance.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.