The Samsung Galaxy S24
view3dtv's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Thursday, November 21st, 2013 10:00 PM

Nexus 5 on Att

Any one know if the nexus 5 works at full speed LTE etc... on ATT?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

The quick answer is yes it will work, I am personally using one myself and love it!

There are two different versions of the Nexus 5. If you are buying directly from the US Google Play Store or was bought from a carrier such as T-Mobile in the US, the device is SIM unlocked and will work with no configuration. You will need to visit or call AT&T to have your IMEI updated to ensure the proper data plan will work with the Nexus.

The second version is the International Edition (Rest of the World), this version does not support all of AT&T's LTE Bands, it does however support all of AT&T's HSPA+ bands.

Explorer

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

From my understanding it will work on at&t network.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Yes, the Nexus 5 will work flawlessly on the AT&T LTE network and HSPA+. Please do remember that this is not a AT&T branded device, so there not much support for it, which means you'll have to get a hold of Google or find solutions for the phone if you encounter issues with it. 🙂

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

yes it does

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Im researching to purchase a Nexus 5 from Google Play Store. According to Google it gets OS upgrades first in line, it has better battery and talk time as well as access to Google's Apps. Its certainly priced right and I could get rid of my ATT contract. Im interested in feedback from Nexus users thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

for one the nexus 5 is a nice device I have one running android L.

The other thing to remember is the nexus 6 is rumored to be released this month.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

NOT ANY MORE!  I've had a Nexus 5 since January, on the AT&T network flawlessly until last week.  Now, you can no longer use a Nexus 5 with LTE data connection unless you don't want it to function as a phone.  I am in the Philadelphia region and the forums and boards are full of users complaining about this.  It started last week (maybe 10/26) where the phone no longer functions for calls (immediately dropped upon connection) unless you are using wifi for data or turn off your data connection or switch to 3G.  So, if you're looking to BUY an LTE phone and only be able to USE a 3G phone, then At&T is the carrier for you.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@cseel wrote:

NOT ANY MORE!  I've had a Nexus 5 since January, on the AT&T network flawlessly until last week.  Now, you can no longer use a Nexus 5 with LTE data connection unless you don't want it to function as a phone.  I am in the Philadelphia region and the forums and boards are full of users complaining about this.  It started last week (maybe 10/26) where the phone no longer functions for calls (immediately dropped upon connection) unless you are using wifi for data or turn off your data connection or switch to 3G.  So, if you're looking to BUY an LTE phone and only be able to USE a 3G phone, then At&T is the carrier for you.  

dont have a problem here.  is there a problem in that area with a tower or did someone bork your account?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

It is a mid-atlantic regional problem, centered in the Philadelphia area.  Other N5 users on AT&T report that their phones are working on LTE in NYC but that stops shortly into NJ and well south of Philly.  There are lots and lots of complaints about this on the various forums.  Thanks for the info, though...nice to know if I need to go to Chicago I can use LTE again!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.