For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
raiu's profile

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 12:38 PM

New Software Update for Galaxy Note 2 2/19/13

I woke up this morning to find that the update notification was on my phone. I DO NOT WANT THIS UPDATE!!! Due to the massive errors that ATT has caused with these OTA updates, i am really not interested in getting this update! Can someone confirm that this update is working or what it contains? As of right now it is forcing me to complete the update but I postponed it for 8 hours.

Spoiler
Robot Frustrated

Scholar

• 

85 Messages

11 years ago

There is an ATT installed app that checks for updates.  You would have to "root" your phone to  turn it off.  Mine is not rooted yet so I leave data off unless I'm actively using it.  The system doesn't have time to check for nonsense.  If I see a message like what you have, I Go to app manager and force stop it and then delete data.  Just remember that it will eventually come up again if you keep data on while idle.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah forrce close isn't avaiable for it unfortunatly. I am talking with "tech support" (lol) they dont even know what this update is for....

If anyone gets this update can you please post your results?

ATT Rep- researching for you now

ATT Rep-: at this time I do not have any information as to what the update is for does it have a description in the notification?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

It is the Exynos vulnerability patch.  It's an update that you want.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

11 years ago

@ADIT wrote:

It is the Exynos vulnerability patch.  It's an update that you want.

I was thinking that too after talking with the ATT rep who knew nothing.....

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

It's not an update I want. Now my WiFi is useless. It automatically shuts off after a couple minutes and gives a "weak signal" message even when I'm right next to the router.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.