The Samsung Galaxy S24
xjenphone's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, February 12th, 2012 4:25 AM

New Galaxy 2S - can't send or receive text messages except AT&T's

Hi all,

I have reported this issue to Tech Support and they are escalating the issue. But I'd like to know if anyone has run into this before... Texting is not working:

• No one is receiving my text messages (I tried 4 different people).
  • I am not receiving anyone's text messages except for two test system-generated messages from AT&T.
  • The tech support had me send a text to myself (to 515 - whatever that means), and I didn't receive it.
  • I tried sending a text message to my phone from yelp.com and I didn't receive it.
  • The phone indicates that my texts are going through (i.e. no error message) - the same goes for other people texting me.

Other info:

• Got the Samsung Galaxy 2S phone today.
  • I have the grandfathered unlimited data plan.
  • I am able to make successful calls and receive calls.

Any help or advice would be great appreciated.

Thanks,

Jen

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

12 years ago

@xjenphone wrote:

Hi all,

I have reported this issue to Tech Support and they are escalating the issue. But I'd like to know if anyone has run into this before... Texting is not working:

• No one is receiving my text messages (I tried 4 different people).
  • I am not receiving anyone's text messages except for two test system-generated messages from AT&T.
  • The tech support had me send a text to myself (to 515 - whatever that means), and I didn't receive it.
  • I tried sending a text message to my phone from yelp.com and I didn't receive it.
  • The phone indicates that my texts are going through (i.e. no error message) - the same goes for other people texting me.

Other info:

• Got the Samsung Galaxy 2S phone today.
  • I have the grandfathered unlimited data plan.
  • I am able to make successful calls and receive calls.

Any help or advice would be great appreciated.

Thanks,

Jen

I'm sure tech support had you do it but had to ask, did you shut it down and pull the battery then reinstall the battery, reboot aand try again??  I've had your problem happen to me with various phones and this always fixed the problem, if you have done this with no positive results then my guess is its something at AT&T's side..

Another thing  you can try is download one of the free messaging apps from the Market and see if they work, personally I use and prefer Handcent SMS, its free at the Market... 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks, PMT.

No, tech support hasn't suggested that yet. They just had me shut down and power on again, then try again.

I will try that.

Thank you,

Jen

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

That fixed it! Thank you so much. I can't tell you how stressed I was about this - texts are important. 

You're better than tech support!

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

12 years ago

@xjenphone wrote:

That fixed it! Thank you so much. I can't tell you how stressed I was about this - texts are important. 

You're better than tech support!

I'm not sure I'd go that far  lol BUT chances are any problems you may run into someone here has already had the same problem somewhere along the line and can come up with a fix.. 
Glad all is well, the GSII is an incredible phone and I know you'll love it.. Enjoy 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have been on the phone with tech support for two days now, and not one of them has fixed my not receiving text issues. I can make and receive calls and send text messages, but totally unable to receive any kind of text message. Anyone have any other options I could try? I have done a soft reset, turned off for ten seconds turn back on, turn off for five minutes pull battery and turn back on, still nothing works. Let me know if anyone has any other suggestions, please. Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.