The Samsung Galaxy S24
joselb's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 29th, 2012 2:13 PM

New Atrix HD, subsidy locked. Need help to unlock it.

Hi all: I sent my old unlocked Atrix 2 to Motorola warranty service. As they could not repair it they sent me a new Atrix HD.

When I turned it on first time it asked me for a unlock code, which I understood, was related to the SIM card PIN, so I entered it many times until I got a "Phone is subsidy locked. Please contact service provider. Only emergency calls are allowed" .

I call Motorola customer service and they confirmed the device they sent me was locked by AT&T (not unlocked as it was mine) and that the phone was asking me for the network code (not the PIN) unlock code. As I entered a wrong code too many times, my phone got "subsidy locked". Obviously, my phone company is not AT&T wireless. 

So I bought a network unlock code from *** (the code I should have entered when the phone was asking for it), but now there is no way to enter it. The phone will not present me the screen to enter the network unlock code any longer. It always go to the screen with the "phone subsidy locked..." message.

We've been trying different options with the unlockgenie staff, but so far no good results.

After doing some research in Internet, I'm starting to believe there is no solution to this situation and the phone became useless.

So I'm writing the case here with the expectation that somebody from AT&T (who are supposedly the owner of the blocking mechanism) can help me unlock the phone and/or take it to the original state so I can go and enter my code to unlock it.

Thanks to all reading this post and wish you all an excellent 2013, full of accomplishments / JLB.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I feel sorry .. I have the same problem for three months .. the solution has not moved an inch. Waiting for the "respectable" AT&T will have mercy and help unlock the phone ..

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for sharing feelings. These days I have received the unlock code from Motorola support, but they don't know either how to enter it now the phone is subsidy locked.

People of AT&T: Could you please share your comments here?

Thanks.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Please please please please at&t i have the same problem, my phone is hardlocked, motorola send me a unlock code but can't use it

sorry for my english i am from mexico

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Hi, i´m Luis from Argentina.. Have the same problem. Can´t connect AT&T from here. Any solution??? Where i can contact somebody to unlock it? Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hi there, I just finished reading your post trying to find info for my own problem witch wasn't answered but I think I have your answer after reading many other forums. After too many code attempts the phone does lock the network unlock screen from any further attempts. From what I understand when this screen appears you are to leave your atrix hd on the subsidy lock screen from between 40 mins and 6 hours (sounds like a pain but have read multiple successful posts) after this the screen should reset and say something to the state of enter special code and you should be able to enter your proper unlock codes. I hope this may help others that may require this help.

Now to continue on my journey of finding the answer to my problem

Smiley Sad

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hello friends.. I live in Brazil i got a same problem... i expect at&t help us... i don't wanna lose my phone utilities... good lucky for us!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

i got this issue too.. my phone is subsidy locked and I don't know what to type.. all codes I type returns "NETWORK UNSUCESSFUL" 😞

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Dear representatives of AT&T, mark, please, the point of view on this issue!

This problem is not unique and is occurs in many phone owners.

Phone can not perform its main function. And not allow to enter the unlock code.

I am not in the United States and not being able to directly contact the office of AT&T.

But I honestly bought this phone and I can provide the necessary scans and prints. And I want that thing, bought with MY MONEY, gives me satisfaction.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I have same problem with my ATRIX HD. I have unlock code but I can't enter it

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Dear representatives of AT&T, could anybody answer on this question?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.