The Samsung Galaxy S24
joselb's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 29th, 2012 2:13 PM

New Atrix HD, subsidy locked. Need help to unlock it.

Hi all: I sent my old unlocked Atrix 2 to Motorola warranty service. As they could not repair it they sent me a new Atrix HD.

When I turned it on first time it asked me for a unlock code, which I understood, was related to the SIM card PIN, so I entered it many times until I got a "Phone is subsidy locked. Please contact service provider. Only emergency calls are allowed" .

I call Motorola customer service and they confirmed the device they sent me was locked by AT&T (not unlocked as it was mine) and that the phone was asking me for the network code (not the PIN) unlock code. As I entered a wrong code too many times, my phone got "subsidy locked". Obviously, my phone company is not AT&T wireless. 

So I bought a network unlock code from *** (the code I should have entered when the phone was asking for it), but now there is no way to enter it. The phone will not present me the screen to enter the network unlock code any longer. It always go to the screen with the "phone subsidy locked..." message.

We've been trying different options with the unlockgenie staff, but so far no good results.

After doing some research in Internet, I'm starting to believe there is no solution to this situation and the phone became useless.

So I'm writing the case here with the expectation that somebody from AT&T (who are supposedly the owner of the blocking mechanism) can help me unlock the phone and/or take it to the original state so I can go and enter my code to unlock it.

Thanks to all reading this post and wish you all an excellent 2013, full of accomplishments / JLB.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

No one knows to what to do to enter the unlock code when the phone is in the mode hardlok. Can we hear the answer to this question? I'm in another country and I have no way to contact the AT&T store

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

Forum posters,

I found the following information on att.com regarding steps to unlock a device. Please read information in link, check box next to  "I have read and agree to the eligibility requirements for unlocking my device," then click agree, you will then proceed to an unlock application.

Request a device unlock for your AT&T Mobile Devices (Phones and Tablets)

James

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Hi James,

AT&T already gave me unlock code but I can't enter it, because I entered a wrong code too many times and my phone got "subsidy locked". 

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

kalmik77,

I apologize for this misinformation I sent you. Please try to send a private message to our ATTCustomer care team by using the link below. Please include your name, email address, phone number and the best time that you can be contacted; please allow up to 48 hours for a team member to contact you once receiving your message.

Private Message

James

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi kalmik77,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks,

Nicole K.

AT&T Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Team,

I have the same issue with my Motorola Atrix Phone. I have received the code via email and tried unlocking it. But I got the error message as 'phone subsidy locked'. I have been contacting customer service but no help on this. Not sure what I can do for this. I have entered the code very carefully. Customer service rep checked for different options and she  didn't have any idea what can be done for this phone.

can soembody from AT&T help me on this? If I have known this, I wouldn't have spent monwe for the upgrade 😞

-Nanda

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

And here you go. I was in call with customer care and they simply disconnected my call. No call back. Nothing. I start again with a new representative now :(....

weird solutions from prev rep

1.  I entered the code incorrectly 5 times and it got locked

2. Get a new phone

3. Use your new phone upgraded

4. Ask for a new phone from T Mobile ( prepaid I am using)

dont know these they are coming up with these suggestions.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

2 hours 16 minutes in call with AT&T and still trying

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

4 hours and still on with customer care

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi Nandhat,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.