Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Network unavailable in different city

Contributor

Network unavailable in different city

It says "emergency calls only" ever since I landed in Raleigh from Boston. No amount of reboots will fix it. I tried a network settings reset too. It reads the sim, but says "no service." I have a Moto g4.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Network unavailable in different city

“Emergency calls only” typically means your service has been suspended. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Hi! Thanks for your reply! I had to eventually go to an AT&T store. They
say the often face this problem with phones purchased in India or China :-|
Had to buy a new temp ZTE Maven from them. Pretty annoyed. Anything I can
do at my end?
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Sage

@nihal02  If it worked in Boston and was bought with US warranty the G4 works in the US just fine.  

The 1624 model is missing one 3G band of the 2 required, which might result in no service. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Thanks a lot! I go back to Boston in a few days. Hoping it works there again

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support