Helpful Links

Network unavailable in different city

Contributor

Network unavailable in different city

It says "emergency calls only" ever since I landed in Raleigh from Boston. No amount of reboots will fix it. I tried a network settings reset too. It reads the sim, but says "no service." I have a Moto g4.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Network unavailable in different city

“Emergency calls only” typically means your service has been suspended. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Hi! Thanks for your reply! I had to eventually go to an AT&T store. They
say the often face this problem with phones purchased in India or China :-|
Had to buy a new temp ZTE Maven from them. Pretty annoyed. Anything I can
do at my end?
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

@nihal02  If it worked in Boston and was bought with US warranty the G4 works in the US just fine.  

The 1624 model is missing one 3G band of the 2 required, which might result in no service. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Thanks a lot! I go back to Boston in a few days. Hoping it works there again

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome To The Community!
Find Your Answers Here!

You can now stream DIRECTV NOW with AT&T PREPAID℠ without impacting your data!

Additional Support