The Samsung Galaxy S24
dentaldude's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Friday, December 10th, 2010 4:44 AM

Need Help Please On seting up a email

Can anyone help me ?

I first want to say I have called my IT department and went to the ATT store on more then one occasion and they can't hook up my corporate email to my phone.  However I have a coworker that has the same phone (Samsung) and he is with a Tmoble and the email hooks up - Here is where I need help

I go into setting up my email and I enter in the two pieces of information

I changed one or two letters in my email ect to protect me

My email address is { Personal information removed }

My password XXXXXXXXX

then it takes me to the exchange server settings

It ask me for my domain - to access my email, I go to http://email.henryschen.com

so I type in email.henryschen.com

then my user name - { Personal information removed }

then password xxxxxxx

then in the exchange server email.henryschen.com

then check the first box and not the second

I hit next and it says it cannot connect to server -

Ok this is what gets me - If I go to my outlook express and look under mobile devices - It appears there - So something is working - I also signed up for the corporate data plan and that didn't work -

Has anyone else has this problem - I am open to any suggestions -

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

13 years ago

@dentaldude wrote:

So that may be the problem - Does Apples phones use Activesync - IS there a place on my microsoft email i need to turn or accept Activesync ?

ActiveSync has to be enabled on your mailbox, by your IT department. You as a user cannot enable it.

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

13 years ago

First, are you using Exchange ActiveSync? If so, is it enabled on your mailbox? This would have to be checked by you IT department.

I'm pretty sure your domain is henryschen.com, not email.henryschen.com.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

what version of exchange are you connecting to?

If activesync is setup on your exhcange server and your IT people allow it

email - your normal email address

username -  domain ane\logon id - IE mydomain\userid

password - your normal network password to log on to your domain

tap next, if the IT people have your account provisioned for active sync and the exchange server supports autodiscovery you are done. This can take up to 10 minutes to connect the first time

If the server is not setup for autodiscovery you need to enter the name of server (get from IT), usually the same name that you use for Outlook Web Access - for example, you get to OWA via webmail.mydomain.com - this is the server name you would enter

If this fails you will have to get with your IT department to make sure they allow this type of access, not all do and not all allow personal cell phones to hook up to corporate networks. Also be aware this will add security to the phone that a pin is needed to use it, if the pin is entered wrong or the phone is lost your IT staff can remotely erase the phone.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

I am using Exchange Activesync - And it was enabled on my mailbox - before I had a blackberry and i was getting corporate emails before i started with this phone 3 months ago - I tried the henryschen.com and that didnt work 😞

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

I am no computer tech but does any of this info help

Mailbox owner: Satterly, Brent [Brent.Satterly@henryschein.com]
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Outlook Web Access experience: Premium
User language: English (United States)
User time zone: (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Exchange mailbox address: /O=HSI/OU=NYME/cn=Recipients/cn=Brent.Satterley
Outlook Web Access host address: http s://email.henryschen.com/owa
Outlook Web Access version: 8.2.254.0
Outlook Web Access host name: email.henryschen.com
S/MIME control: installed, version 8.2.176.0
Client Access server name: USNYMEXCAS.us.hsi.local
Exchange Client Access server .NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.3615
Client Access server operating system version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1
Client Access server operating system language: en-US
Microsoft Exchange Client Access server version: 8.2.176.0
Client Access server language: en-US
Client Access server time zone: Eastern Standard Time
Microsoft Exchange Client Access server platform: 64bit
Mailbox server name: USNYMEXCL.us.hsi.local
Mailbox server Microsoft Exchange version: 8.1.240.0
Other Microsoft Exchange server roles currently installed on the Client Access server:  
Authentication type associated with this Outlook Web Access session: Basic
Public logon: Yes

This is from my microsoft mail -
If there is any way of using my info above instead of IE mydoman/userid   that would be great
Thanks

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

13 years ago

@dentaldude wrote:

I am using Exchange Activesync - And it was enabled on my mailbox - before I had a blackberry and i was getting corporate emails before i started with this phone 3 months ago - I tried the henryschen.com and that didnt work 😞

BlackBerrys don't use ActiveSync. They use either BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) or BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service).

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

So that may be the problem - Does Apples phones use Activesync - IS there a place on my microsoft email i need to turn or accept Activesync ?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@dentaldude wrote:

Apple licensde the tecnnology to do so from Microsoft, the technology works as long as you have it setup correctly.

Can we qualify exactly what phone you are trying to connect to an exhcange server? You have been all over the board on the types of phones, is it a Windows mobile, an androids based phone or a Iphone. If it is an an android you might need to look at a app called Touchdown by Nitrodesk, cost of the app is 20.00, you can download a 30 day trial from the app store

Lets start at the begining - what phone exaclty are you trying to connect to the exchange server.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

I have a samsung Galaxy s (capativate) phone -

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@dentaldude wrote:

I have a samsung Galaxy s (capativate) phone -

What version of exchange?

The current drop of code on the captivate does not fully support sync to and from a exchange server. You need to look at an app by NitroDesk - Touchdown, there is a 30 day trial of it and the cost is 20 dollar.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.