The Samsung Galaxy S24
Cindy-wfwe's profile

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

Thursday, October 31st, 2019 10:54 PM

Need AT&T ROM for Razer Phone 2

I bought an unlocked Razer 2 cell phone and need AT&T's version of Pie (9), so I can make wifi calls. The version of the phone on the AT&T website has the option available along with video calling. I need a link to the ROM to manually install via the bootstrapper. Anybody know?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

Nope.  that would be completely pointless since AT&T reneged and never gave their version of the razor to Wi-Fi calling either.
Rooting is  not a discussion that can appear here.  

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the reply. There was no rooting involved nor was it mentioned. I found what I was looking for and the wifi calling is now working.

• 

1 Message

It would help many of us if you explained how you got it to work.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

Does it really?  Turn airplane mode on, then WiFi back on.  Then place a call.  Post a screen shot.  

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

4 years ago

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but you don't need to be in airplane mode to make a wifi call.

Screenshot_20191108-113543.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

I think the idea was, as a test, to shut all radios off first, then just turn on wi-fi by itself.  Eliminating the possibility that cellular was still being used.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

@Cindy-wfwe   As @joeldf  wrote, unless you put it in airplane mode, then turn WiFi back on, there is no evidence it works.  Your screen show no notifications to that effect.  
I could enable on my oneplus, and my sons Razer, but it did not work.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

Oneplus, WiFi calling fails 

pixel 3 xl successful

518BBC8B-2BD6-42C4-AF1D-99C8E44A1F5B.jpeg   

[Edited for privacy]

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

4 years ago

You asked for a screenshot. I gave you one. As for your Son's phone that's not my concern. I am getting the impression that you think I'm lying and I don't appreciate that. You have no idea how I got it to work and it is WAY above your head. I could explain how I achieved such a feet but you wouldn't understand it. All I care about is that I am now getting crisp and clear calling. That was my goal and have achieved it.

[Please keep it courteous]

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

@lizdance40 , actually the screen shot has the status line, but the icons are black against a really dark gray background.  The phone active icon is in the upper left along with some  microphone icon. On the right is the alarm clock, the wi-fi symbol, the airplane mode symbol, then the battery symbol and percentage.  No carrier strength icon.

Seems legit to me.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

@Cindy-wfwe   No need to be rude.  I use an iPad, not a desk or lap top. It does not show the notification bar in your photo.  If you were able to use Wifi calling in airplane mode, great.  It has failed to work for many customers, and AT&T removed Wifi calling from its specs online.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.