For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
emoniot's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 2:13 PM

Navigation program

How can I remove previous destinations from the "Navigation" pprogram on my android?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@ATT_James wrote:

redpoint73,

Your absolutely right. It had cleared my previous addresses under one small part of maps under the navigation symbol, but I just clicked on the search option to type in an address, all previous searches were there.

Yeah, it appears that your searches on Maps/Navigation is now synched to the cloud, instead of just locally on the device.  So if you delete app data, it just pulls your search history from the cloud (that is what I suspect is happening, anyway).  Similar to how your Gmail will just re-sync automatically, if you delete the app data in Settings.

I did however, find a way to delete individual search locations.  In the Maps app, tap where it says "Maps" in the upper left hand corner.  Select "My Places".  Then swipe to the right where it says RECENT.  You will see the list of search locations kept is rather long!  Tap and hold on the location you want to remove, and the option will come up to Delete.  You may also want to swipe one more screen to the right, to delete the entry from DIRECTIONS.  NOW, you can go to phone Settings, and delete the app data for Maps (as ATT_James suggested earlier), and the location should be gone from your search history.

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

emoniot,

Welcome to the forums. I was able to delete my previous destinations by going to Settings, Application Manager, Maps, then Clear Data. It worked for me on my Galaxy S III and I hope it works for you.

James

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@ATT_James wrote:

emoniot,

Welcome to the forums. I was able to delete my previous destinations by going to Settings, Application Manager, Maps, then Clear Data. It worked for me on my Galaxy S III and I hope it works for you.

Google seems to have recently made a change in Maps/Navigation, and clearing data (also tried clearing cache) no longer deletes the previously searched locations.  It also syncs with my PC desktop Google login, so my location searches show up there as well.  Annoying.

At least that is what is happening on my One X, running Jellybean (OP did not state device and Android version)

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

redpoint73,

Your absolutely right. It had cleared my previous addresses under one small part of maps under the navigation symbol, but I just clicked on the search option to type in an address, all previous searches were there.

Galaxy S III 4.1.1

James

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.