The Samsung Galaxy S24
JABear's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, February 6th, 2013 1:44 PM

NOTE 2 won't connect to wifi--many wifi issues

I just purchased the Note 2 SGH-I317 with Android version 4.1.2 and the wifi is driving me crazy.  It connected fine at home but when I would leave and come back it wouldn't connect until I restarted.  I work for a cruise ship company and I'm on the ship now and the phone won't connect the wifi AT ALL.  It keeps showing "Obtaining IP address" and then tells me it can't get a strong connection.  I changed from the iPhone 4 and when I turn that phone on it connects to wifi INSTANTLY.  My computer also connects easily.  I've read it's the JellyBean 4.1.2.  I am in Australia now and can't visit an ATT store until I get back in March.  Does anyone know of a fix for this?  I've scoured the web trying to find a solution short of rooting the phone (which I don't want to do while traveling).  Please...anyone?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I contacted Samsung Support via chat this morning regarding the issue with my Note 2: SGH-I317. Bought phone in April, but wifi auto connection stopped working after a few months...but was not sure when it happened, but thinking it was due to Samsung software update.   Px:  Wifi stopped auto connecting to home wifi and required entering a passwords everytime to get connected and wifi kept staying disconnected.  Agent was helpful, but stated Samsung was not aware of this issue.  The only solution they offered was to do a factory reset, but to first back up data, pics, and other info to Kies http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

I did try a bloggers suggestion on the Dial "*#0011#" - it did not work unfortunately.... have not tried the hard boot yet to see if it will work or not.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.