The Samsung Galaxy S24
marcadams67's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 21st, 2013 6:34 PM

My HTC One X downloaded the jelly bean update but it didn't automatically install.

My HTC One X downloaded the jelly bean update today but it didn't automatically install.  I just recently wiped it before download.  What happened?  How can I get it to install??

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry to answer a question with a question, my first day here... Is the jellybean now available?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Yes.  It came today.  Actually after I worte the above question and looked at my phone it started the install process.  It must take a few minutes for the phone to read the package.  It took just fine and I actually like the enhancements.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Hmmm, Im worried cuz Ive heard from rooters that it is not as good as ICS (hard for me to beleive). Have you had enough time to tell. Also, Ive never upgraded without buying a new phone, do you lose all your apps, launchers and set up?

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@cjohnson76 wrote:

Hmmm, Im worried cuz Ive heard from rooters that it is not as good as ICS (hard for me to beleive). Have you had enough time to tell. Also, Ive never upgraded without buying a new phone, do you lose all your apps, launchers and set up?

Results vary, as they will for any OS update.  Some people complain about worse battery life on JB (and some get better . .  go figure).  Plus some minor  things have been changed, for instance the SD only mounts in MTP mode now (USB mass storage is no longer available) and screen on time is no longer shown in Settings>Power.  So depending on how exactly you use your phone, these things may be better or worse.  In general, most seem to think JB is more fluid, and it in fact benchmarks signicantly better than ICS.  But again, your results may vary depending on exactly how you use your phone.

Updating via OTA will keep your app, personal data, homescreen setup, etc.  If you want or need to resort to the RUU (don't want to wait for the OTA to be pushed to your phone) it will delete user data, settings, etc. and only the SD card partition will remain intact.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks, and I think Im waiting for OTA.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.