Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 31, 2012
4:47:28 PM
View profile
Multimedia messages not opening/downloading

I just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy II skyrocket and have gotten a few multimedia messages from friends that I cannot open.  It gives me a download button but it doesn't download.  Hours later I check the message and its there.  The messages aren't very big, usually 1kb when I look at the message properties.  Any suggestions and how to fix this? 

I just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy II skyrocket and have gotten a few multimedia messages from friends that I cannot open.  It gives me a download button but it doesn't download.  Hours later I check the message and its there.  The messages aren't very big, usually 1kb when I look at the message properties.  Any suggestions and how to fix this? 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 4, 2012 9:43:00 PM
(0)
Expert

SMPell wrote:

Turn off Wifi and enable your data connection. They will not download over wifi. I had the same problem til i figured that out. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Accepted Solution

Multimedia messages not opening/downloading

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2012 12:35:05 AM
(0)
Professor

You'll want to check your APN settings. Easiest way would be to call CS. You could also do a quick search on here or Google.

You'll want to check your APN settings. Easiest way would be to call CS. You could also do a quick search on here or Google.

Re: Multimedia messages not opening/downloading

2 of 8 (19,403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 8:28:26 PM
(0)
Professor
Yeah I have gotten that before...try turning off your Wifi then try downloading the message...WiFi for some reason messes with it
Yeah I have gotten that before...try turning off your Wifi then try downloading the message...WiFi for some reason messes with it

3 of 8 (19,354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2012 1:23:05 PM
(0)
Professor
Check that data is enabled. Messaging data is not counted in terms data bytes but IS counted on a per message basis with a fixed charge like 25¢ per MMS message. Hence you can use MMS without a data plan.
Check that data is enabled. Messaging data is not counted in terms data bytes but IS counted on a per message basis with a fixed charge like 25¢ per MMS message. Hence you can use MMS without a data plan.

4 of 8 (19,326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 4, 2012 9:43:00 PM
(0)
Expert

SMPell wrote:

Turn off Wifi and enable your data connection. They will not download over wifi. I had the same problem til i figured that out. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

SMPell wrote:

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

5 of 8 (19,275 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2012 6:33:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks.  Turning off the WIFI and turning on the data seems to have worked.  

6 of 8 (19,195 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2012 7:05:49 PM
(0)
Expert

SMPell wrote:

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

SMPell wrote:

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

7 of 8 (19,189 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2014 8:47:49 AM
(0)
Contributor
Turning off wifi and turning on mobile network does not work for me. Any other ideas?
Turning off wifi and turning on mobile network does not work for me. Any other ideas?

8 of 8 (11,366 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments