Multimedia messages not opening/downloading

Contributor

Multimedia messages not opening/downloading

I just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy II skyrocket and have gotten a few multimedia messages from friends that I cannot open.  It gives me a download button but it doesn't download.  Hours later I check the message and its there.  The messages aren't very big, usually 1kb when I look at the message properties.  Any suggestions and how to fix this? 

Message 1 of 8 (19,888 Views)
Professor

Re: Multimedia messages not opening/downloading

You'll want to check your APN settings. Easiest way would be to call CS. You could also do a quick search on here or Google.

Message 2 of 8 (19,869 Views)
Professor

Yeah I have gotten that before...try turning off your Wifi then try downloading the message...WiFi for some reason messes with it
Message 3 of 8 (19,820 Views)
Professor

Check that data is enabled. Messaging data is not counted in terms data bytes but IS counted on a per message basis with a fixed charge like 25¢ per MMS message. Hence you can use MMS without a data plan.
Message 4 of 8 (19,792 Views)
Highlighted
Expert
Solution
Accepted by Dcookie (Expert)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

SMPell wrote:

I just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy II skyrocket and have gotten a few multimedia messages from friends that I cannot open.  It gives me a download button but it doesn't download.  Hours later I check the message and its there.  The messages aren't very big, usually 1kb when I look at the message properties.  Any suggestions and how to fix this? 

Turn off Wifi and enable your data connection. They will not download over wifi. I had the same problem til i figured that out. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 5 of 8 (19,741 Views)
Contributor

Thanks.  Turning off the WIFI and turning on the data seems to have worked.  

Message 6 of 8 (19,661 Views)
Expert

SMPell wrote:

Thanks.  Turning off the WIFI and turning on the data seems to have worked.  

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 7 of 8 (19,655 Views)
Contributor

Turning off wifi and turning on mobile network does not work for me. Any other ideas?
Message 8 of 8 (11,832 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.