Multimedia messages not opening/downloading

Highlighted
Contributor

Multimedia messages not opening/downloading

I just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy II skyrocket and have gotten a few multimedia messages from friends that I cannot open.  It gives me a download button but it doesn't download.  Hours later I check the message and its there.  The messages aren't very big, usually 1kb when I look at the message properties.  Any suggestions and how to fix this? 

Message 1 of 8
Professor

Re: Multimedia messages not opening/downloading

You'll want to check your APN settings. Easiest way would be to call CS. You could also do a quick search on here or Google.

Message 2 of 8
Professor

Yeah I have gotten that before...try turning off your Wifi then try downloading the message...WiFi for some reason messes with it
Message 3 of 8
Professor

Check that data is enabled. Messaging data is not counted in terms data bytes but IS counted on a per message basis with a fixed charge like 25¢ per MMS message. Hence you can use MMS without a data plan.
Message 4 of 8
Expert

SMPell wrote:

I just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy II skyrocket and have gotten a few multimedia messages from friends that I cannot open.  It gives me a download button but it doesn't download.  Hours later I check the message and its there.  The messages aren't very big, usually 1kb when I look at the message properties.  Any suggestions and how to fix this? 

Turn off Wifi and enable your data connection. They will not download over wifi. I had the same problem til i figured that out. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 8
Contributor

Thanks.  Turning off the WIFI and turning on the data seems to have worked.  

Message 6 of 8
Expert

SMPell wrote:

Thanks.  Turning off the WIFI and turning on the data seems to have worked.  

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 7 of 8
Contributor

Turning off wifi and turning on mobile network does not work for me. Any other ideas?
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support