Moved from t-mobile now battery won't last half a day. Its samsung galaxy s

Tutor

Moved from t-mobile now battery won't last half a day. Its samsung galaxy s

I bought my phone outright from t-mobile, but changed to at&t.  But now my battery won't even last half a day and I'm not even really using my phone.

What can I do?  I keep getting a 'Check t mobile contacts' status update which I never got when on t-mobile so not sure if this is the issue.

Message 1 of 19 (3,432 Views)
Tutor

Re: Moved from t-mobile now battery won't last half a day. Its samsung galaxy s

Is backing up just coping everything to my laptop?  

Message 16 of 19 (2,860 Views)
Former Community Manager

Basically, yes. Glad to hear you backed your data up already. Smiley Happy

To reset the Galaxy S to factory settings follow these instructions (Note: all data will be deleted other than data on external memory).

• Hold the Volume down button and press Power button.
  • A menu will popup, choose Clear Storage by pressing the volume down button.
  • Then press and release the Power button.
  • Here, confirm the decision by choosing Yes (by pressing volume up button)

This will restore Samsung Galaxy to factory settings.

Please let us know how it turns out!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 19 (2,857 Views)
Professor

amanda+3 wrote:

Is backing up just coping everything to my laptop?  

It depends on what you want backed up.  For photos, videos, and other files, yes you can just copy them to your laptop.

Gmail and contacts saved to your Gmail account are on the cloud by default, and don't require any action by you to back up (unless you changed the default).  Other email accounts (besides Gmail) will need to be backed up.

If you want to keep other things, like SMS, call logs, app data (like game saves), etc. check out the Carbon app on the Market.

Message 18 of 19 (2,831 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Oh flipping heck! how do I get all my stuff back.. Sorry i am sleep deprived and no idea what i'm doing.  I've tried copying it and dragging but that's not worked

Message 19 of 19 (2,823 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.