The Samsung Galaxy S24
amanda+3's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 12:51 PM

Moved from t-mobile now battery won't last half a day. Its samsung galaxy s

I bought my phone outright from t-mobile, but changed to at&t.  But now my battery won't even last half a day and I'm not even really using my phone.

What can I do?  I keep getting a 'Check t mobile contacts' status update which I never got when on t-mobile so not sure if this is the issue.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

There's no 'disable' button or option, just the force stop.  Today my full charge lasted 3 hours, with no usage.

thanks for all the help, but I have no clue now

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I popped over to T-Mobile's forums to see if there were any helpful posts there and I found one that said if you reinstall the software on the phone you can opt NOT to activate the sync. I can't vouch for the effectiveness but it's something you haven't tried. 

I'm sorry we can't be of more assistance but since this is T-Mobile's app I don't have a ton of insight. 

Here's the thread I found - http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/37667

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Seriously thanks!  I really do appriciate it.  I've backed up onto my laptop, so do I just do the 'back to factory settings' then re-instal everything?

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, that's right. 🙂

Make sure to back up everything before doing the reset and let us know how it goes! 🙂

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Is backing up just coping everything to my laptop?  

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Basically, yes. Glad to hear you backed your data up already. 🙂

To reset the Galaxy S to factory settings follow these instructions (Note: all data will be deleted other than data on external memory).

• Hold the Volume down button and press Power button.
  • A menu will popup, choose Clear Storage by pressing the volume down button.
  • Then press and release the Power button.
  • Here, confirm the decision by choosing Yes (by pressing volume up button)

This will restore Samsung Galaxy to factory settings.

Please let us know how it turns out!

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@amanda+3 wrote:

Is backing up just coping everything to my laptop?  

It depends on what you want backed up.  For photos, videos, and other files, yes you can just copy them to your laptop.

Gmail and contacts saved to your Gmail account are on the cloud by default, and don't require any action by you to back up (unless you changed the default).  Other email accounts (besides Gmail) will need to be backed up.

If you want to keep other things, like SMS, call logs, app data (like game saves), etc. check out the Carbon app on the Market.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Oh flipping heck! how do I get all my stuff back.. Sorry i am sleep deprived and no idea what i'm doing.  I've tried copying it and dragging but that's not worked

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.