The Samsung Galaxy S24
dcmullis's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 31st, 2014 2:03 PM

Moto x 2014 5.0.2 update?

So why is it that the ATT moto x 2014 users the last to the party with the lollipop update? One of the main selling features of this phone was stockish android experience and the timely updates. So with no word on when or why it is really bringing into question what is going on with ATT that they can't push a simple update to their users, especially one that those on verizion have been enjoying since the 25th of November.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

Moto will tell you that timley updates come on the pure version better than the carrier version.  The verizon moto x is the only carrier phone in the us besides the nexus 4,5,6 that have lollipop.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

I'm really tired of the run around with AT&T,Motorola and Google in regards to Lollipop.I sent a Tweet to all tree today and was told by AT&T that Motorola (manufacturer) is responsible for the hold up. Motorola told me on the phone "again" that the OEM is in all the carrier hands.(maybe when people start leaving AT&T for not being able to put out a stable OTA of a OEM for devises that were designed for them they'll get better at it again maybe) My lession is never again buy Carrier phones! So here's the response tweet I got.

https://twitter.com/ATTCares/status/550712059873464320

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I've been waiting as well. This was one of the reasons I purchased this phone. Maybe someone should tell AT&T that Verizon already rolled it to their customers. More than a month ago.

http://www.androidcentral.com/lollipop-now-rolling-out-verizon-moto-x-2014

Does anyone actually use their garbage bloatware anyway? Seems like a lot of work for stuff most people disable immediately.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Everything I've gathered and read is pointing to a Februaryish release, I'm sure all of us are hoping that its sooner but we do know how these things work, we all been on this road since the dawn of Android, unless we have nexus or GPE or pure were at the mercy of our carrier.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.