The Samsung Galaxy S24
gregoliver1's profile

Tutor

• 

41 Messages

Thursday, October 11th, 2018 9:29 PM

Moto Z2 Force - Unlock Bootloader

I was wondering (Live Chat could not answer) if I will be able to unlock my bootloader onthis device if I payoff the Next on it?  \

It already made me angry when I bought the Moto Z @ Lenovo and was told WiFi calling would not work because I did not buy it @ AT&T, so I bought a Z2 Force @ AT&T to find out they are never going to turn on WiFi calling on it anyway.  But hey - I already have $500 worth of mods I am not going to toss even though AT&T will refund my phone cost (and take the phone back basically).

Anyhow - I just want all of these bloated apps off my phone and need to load a ROM, so the only question I have is about the bootloader being unlockable after I pay it off..?

Sorry for the rant 🙂

-Greg

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

Nope.  They do not unlock bootloader's.

Tutor

• 

41 Messages

6 years ago

Figured as much.  I guess I'll return it even though it is almost a year old and just buy one unlocked from Moto then..  Since WiFi calling will not work, at least I can get rid of the bloatware and unapproved updates (even when they are set to off)..

Hate carrier phones!

Thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

How are you getting att to give your money back.  If it has not been approved by a manager it's not going to happen.

Tutor

• 

41 Messages

6 years ago

It's noted in my account from the last time I called.  I was pretty angry and also having issues with our FTTH from them as well, so they agreed to take it back.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

Yeah don't count on it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

You get trade in value only.   Or if you purchased with Next every year you can upgrade with trade in.   But no amount of notes (I guarantee there are none) will get ATT to take back a phone you bought more than 14 days ago.   

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

They'll take them back within 30 days. That's my experience

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@MikeHoncho1

Best Buy, most retailers , And all carriers have a 14 or 15 day return period with restock fee.  

Carriers have a 14 day policy on all purchases.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.