For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Mimififi21's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, August 23rd, 2015 6:07 PM

Moto X not connecting to Wifi anymore

Has anyone else been having any issues getting their MotoX to connect to Wifi?  I was recently traveling across the country, and since I've been back, I've noticed that my phone does not connect to my home Wifi unless I power the phone all the way down and then turn it on again.  But then, as soon as I am out of range, or the phone is unused for awhile, it is no longer connected and when I try to connect, it just says that it is Saved, but won't connect automatically or manually. Any ideas?  I'm running Android version 4.4.4

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I was having the exact same problem on a 1st Gen Moto X, running Lollipop 5.1. It started a couple of days ago, when I could no longer connect to my home network or other known networks I access frequently. Powering down the phone did not work for me, but turning Airplane Mode on and off again seemed to do the trick. As soon as I turned it off, the network connected automatically, and the "!" symbol that had appeared on the Wifi and Data icons went away. I know that I was not in Airplane mode when I couldn't connect to Wifi, because I was able to make calls and use data.

I have no idea if this fix is permanent since it has only been a few hours, but I'm glad you mentioned you were running vers 4.4 (KitKat). I was wondering if the problem had something to do with an upgrade to Lollipop a few weeks ago, although everything had been working fine until the other day. I've read that turning Bluetooth off and on will sometimes get Wifi to connect, although that did not work for me. The question is, what has changed to make this problem suddenly occur?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure why this is happening.  I tried the airplane mode on/off trick and it worked this time, although I am pretty sure I had tried it before and it hadn't worked. Mine is a first gen Moto X as well.  The only other weird thing I have noticed is that there are a couple of ways to turn on/off the Wifi settings, and when I turn it off via the shortcut button in the upper right corner of the home screen, and then check the status by hitting the Settings button on my desktop, there appears to be some conflict, and I don't know if that is a factor of the phone getting old, or some other type of glitch.  I am hoping someone on this forum will have a possible answer for why this is happening now.  Thanks for your reply!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have a Moto X, purchased a year ago. On 9/30/15, I performed a software update on this phone. It seems I immediately began having problems with my WiFi connection. At the time, I was out of town. When I returned home, the WiFi connection issue continued. On 10/8/15, I had U-verse Internet installed in my home. I use WiFi at home on an Amazon Kindle Fire HD, Amazon Fire TV Stick, a Sony Blu-Ray player, and an HP laptop, in addition to my phone. The only device I have problems with at home is my phone. It either will not connect, or will say it is connected, but the 4G icon is displayed. It was connected at home last night, when I plugged it in to charge; when I unplugged it this morning, it was not connected. My phone has not connected at work, since I performed the software update. I brought my Kindle to work this morning, to make sure it was not a problem with the modem or router, and my Kindle connects just fine. This morning, I did get my phone to connect by forgetting the network, turning WiFi off, turning the phone off, turning the phone on, turning WiFi on, connecting to the network, and toggling Airplane mode on and off. I do not look forward to having to do this every time I arrive at work or at home. Is there a better solution available? Again, this problem started after I performed the software update. I had absolutely no problems connecting to any WiFi networks, prior to 9/30/15.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

This issue was resolved, after I was able to update all my apps. As soon as I updated my apps, everything started working normally again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.