The Samsung Galaxy S24
lnelson15's profile

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

Thursday, September 19th, 2013 5:36 AM

Moto X Customization...

What are the actual requirements? Is the purchase from an AT&T store of a Motomaker card required? The redirect from the AT&T website to the Motorola website gets you into the process of customizing the purchase of a Moto X but the cart and subsequent process fail consistently. Ideas?

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

11 years ago

Up

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

10 years ago

Anyone have any idea how this works?

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

10 years ago

So no one has bought a Moto X custom...?!?

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

10 years ago

Up

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

10 years ago

The is kind of an old thread but I'll reply anyway.

I just purchased the Moto X..was redirected to the Motorola site and had no problems with it. 

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Inelson15, 

When the Moto X first launched, you did need a Motomaker card from AT&T. Since the MotoMaker is now for all carriers, I would suggest trying to order directly from this link Here.

If you are trying to buy the device on contract, or on AT&T Next, it would be easier for you to have the Moto Maker card from a Company Retail Store. They can ensure your account is set up properly so you can make your device and start using it as soon as it arrives. 

If you are buying if off contact, unlocked, you should have no issues. Try building the device and picking "GSM Unlocked", it should go straight though. 

Hope this helps! 

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

10 years ago

@logo412 wrote:

Hi Inelson15, 

When the Moto X first launched, you did need a Motomaker card from AT&T. Since the MotoMaker is now for all carriers, I would suggest trying to order directly from this link Here.

If you are trying to buy the device on contract, or on AT&T Next, it would be easier for you to have the Moto Maker card from a Company Retail Store. They can ensure your account is set up properly so you can make your device and start using it as soon as it arrives. 

If you are buying if off contact, unlocked, you should have no issues. Try building the device and picking "GSM Unlocked", it should go straight though. 

Hope this helps! 

@logo412  I don't believe this phone is available on the Next Plan...at least that's what it said.  I just purchased mine on Friday..the 32 GB Custom ATT version from Motorola.

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

@Dcookie, 

It is available on the Next plan if you get a MotoMaker Card from a Company Retail Store. If you order directly though Moto Maker and don't get the MotoMaker card from the retail store, Motorola does not give you the option to get the Next plan, only 2 year or no contact. 

Although with Motorola's current promotions on moto maker, the device is cheaper buying it outright unlocked from Motorola as far as I can tell.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

10 years ago

@logo412 wrote:

@Dcookie

It is available on the Next plan if you get a MotoMaker Card from a Company Retail Store. If you order directly though Moto Maker and don't get the MotoMaker card from the retail store, Motorola does not give you the option to get the Next plan, only 2 year or no contact. 

Although with Motorola's current promotions on moto maker, the device is cheaper buying it outright unlocked from Motorola as far as I can tell.

Thanks, my mistake, I guess...I suppose I should mind my own business. I upgraded and have a new 2 year contract..wouldn't want the Next Plan anyway...not worth it IMO. 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

My Credit Card won't process a purchase on the Motomaker site.

My Corporate store knows nothing about the Motomaker card.

How do you get the store to sell a customer a PIN card to purchase a Moto X 2nd Gen phone if they know nothing about the card?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.