The Samsung Galaxy S24
2picklesinapie's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 15th, 2010 3:46 PM

Moto Backflip & Samsung Captivate messaging issues

Hi!  I use a Motorola Backflip and my girlfriend uses a Samsung Captivate.  We are on the same familiy plan.  She has been unable to receive standard text messages (sms) from several people reliably, and none at all from me, though she can get multimedia messages (mms) from me.  I have not been getting texts from others reliably, and my texts are not going out reliably, either; she is the only one who is not getting *any* of my sms messages, though.

We have both checked our settings to make sure no one's blocked and powered off and on again several times (we try and shut our phones off once a day or so, we figure they're basically small computers, so we try and treat them the same), and it's not help.  I'm a little wary of calling customer support because my luck has not been great at being able to navigate the menu, so I'm trying the internet first.

Any help?

TIA!

Abby

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

After seeing how long it was taking replies on other threads to be posted, I decided to go ahead and call customer service.  They reset our phones' signals with the towers and we powered off our phones and on again - and everything's hunky-dory now!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

I should also mention, this has been going on since Sunday evening.

Guru

• 

637 Messages

13 years ago

I'm glad it was taken care of.  Thanks for posting the follow-up.

Scholar

• 

287 Messages

13 years ago

Well powering off your phones can help you out alot. What happens when you don't shut your phones off is that when you go through out different applications in your phone and then go back to the main screen, sometimes that application in the background may not close properly, so it can cause conflict with the way your phone normally operates. So maybe it was your text message application that wasn't working properly.. The rep that you spoke with in a round about way just had you shut your phone off and back on by what it sounds like to me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.