The Samsung Galaxy S24
Bdwebb's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, March 13th, 2017 11:38 PM

Mobile Data Turned Off Notification

I have the Galaxy S7, since the nougat update when I turn off my data I have a non-removable notification explaining that certain features will be unusable. Is there a way to disable this notification? I do not have a data plan big enough to leave the data turned on constantly. My friend has a S7 but on Verizon and his does not do such a thing, so I do not know exactly what could cause this.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Bdwebb wrote:

I have the Galaxy S7, since the nougat update when I turn off my data I have a non-removable notification explaining that certain features will be unusable. Is there a way to disable this notification? I do not have a data plan big enough to leave the data turned on constantly. My friend has a S7 but on Verizon and his does not do such a thing, so I do not know exactly what could cause this.

post a screen shot

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

Long-pressing on the notification should give you an option as to how you see such notifications. Check it out and play with it accordingly. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

So how exactly do i do do that? Is there a certain format it needs to be because i am unable to get it to post.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I have tried that, it says the notification comes from the phone application and gives me the option to hide it on the lockscreen and thats it

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I'm having this issue with my LG K10, with android 6.0 on it. The sad thing is that I cant block notifications from call services, since it wont allow me and also that's the app that shows me what missed calls I have.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

So I just found out that if I force close the phone application in the settings menu, it will take the notification away until I have to use my data again. And I can open the phone application and make calls and such without it making the notification return. It's the best solution I currently have

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@BdwebbJust a thought, how about en-abling DataSaver (you can set it as one of your primary items in the pull down menu), instead of disabling data?  

This prevents (at least almost all) data from being used when you're not directly interacting with an app(s), and will likely come close to doing the same thing as your current model, without the modal popup issue.

There are apps that will do this for you, if you forget, so there are a host of ways to handle it, if this would work.

• 

1 Message

Just figured it out. If you long press on the notification itself and click the settings button on the notification it'll bring you to call services settings. Now you can't turn dctracker off but you can change the importance of the notification. Let it to low with no sound or visual interruptions and boom it goes away. Problem solved.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

(Edited) See included image...

1511141907315.jpg

Capture+_2017-11-19-20-50-02.png

I can see right up on the top row that it is off.

At&t H820 
LG G5

Can I make this notification go away?
I KNOW my data is turned off. 
I TURNED it off.

I have toggled data and wifi FOR YEARS.
I dont need any reminders of it.

I would really appreciate any tips.
Thank you for reading this far.
Busta

2 Attachments

(edited)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I'm not sure if my solution will work for you, but for me I was able to hold the notification and drag it left until a settings icon appeared. Press that, and it'll take you a screen regarding the phone application notification settings. Tap the phone icon and it will open into the general phone application settings page. Force stop the application and the notification should disappear. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

If you turn mobile data off through the data usage setting panel's cellular data switch rather than the mobile network setting then you don't get the notification. Even if you turned mobile data on through the mobile network setting panel, as long as you turn it off with the cellular data button in the data usage setting panel you will never get the message.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.