The Samsung Galaxy S24
halfkorean's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 3:08 AM

MicroSIM swap from iPhone 4 to HTC One X - texts from iOS devices still go to SIMless iPhone

I have been using an iPhone 4 since it came out, but just recently received an HTC One X as a gift. Swapped the SIM, and the HTC works great. However, texts from friends with an iOS device are still sent as iMessages to my SIMless iPhone. I've tried deleting the text "threads" on my HTC and on a friend's iPhone, but still her texts go to my iPhone as an iMessage regardless if she sends the first text or if she replies to a text sent from my HTC.

Before I began using the HTC, I had to call AT&T to modify my account. The CSR told me that technically there should not be any problems if I just switched the SIM back and forth between the phones, but that towers would recognize my HTC as an iPhone. The iPhone 4 was kept as my "phone of record".

Now, I am thinking I need to call AT&T and have the HTC listed as my phone. This should then remedy texts being received as iMessages to my iPhone?

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

@Nathank21 The solutions Evandela and redpoint73 have added would work in your case as well. Mine is actually on a small business plan, too. I'd go in store to do the switch, though. I've made two unsuccessful attempts with calling AT&T customer care. The first rep said she switched my plan, but did not. The second rep did not know how to do it and put me on hold and never came back. I will go into the local store tomorrow and have it done in person.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Ok good. Please update us on how that goes

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

Switched my plan (in-store) from unlimited data iPhone to unlimited LTE 4G with new SIM card. All is well again!

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Eggcellent! (Yes I spelled it like this intentionally!)  Congratulations and enjoy those blazing 4G LTE speeds!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

Hahaha, thanks again... now onto a new problem... The OTA update to 4.0.4 won't register. I'll start a new thread for that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.