Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Marshmallow Updates & Discussion

Administrator

Marshmallow Updates & Discussion

Android Marshmallow.PNG

Hi Everyone!

After seeing all of the discussion around Marshmallow (and observing how spread out it is), I thought it would be a great idea to create a dedicated place for us as the mobility community team to share the information we have.

Anyone is welcome to join in the conversation; all I ask is (as a personal favor) we keep the conversation civil. We want to get you the information and updates as much as you want them. I think that's fair Smiley Happy

Keep reading to see all news, updates, timelines, and anything else we have to share. This is a living post, so check back often!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 2,504
Scholar

Re: Marshmallow Updates & Discussion

If you are not using ATT add your carrier, you can't get updates from att.
Message 2491 of 2,504
Scholar

@ahsanf22 I'm sending you a personal message.  Please check your personal messages.

Message 2492 of 2,504
Contributor

I have several, by several I mean 26, devices. I often check for updates thru the settings method. I have yet to get any from the AT&T server. I always get a message saying my software is up to date and I know it isn't. It doesn't matter what I'm trying to update from, it never updates anything. 

I have tried with and without my AT&T SIM card thinking maybe my active sim would matter and it doesn't.

I know how to update from kies various versions and smart switch. However lately smart switch wants to install on one of my listed devices ( not really my point) so it's a real inconvenience.

Is there a better way to update my devices?

Message 2493 of 2,504
ACE - Professor

@Marciv69 As you mentioned Kies and Smart Switch, I would presume that at least some of your devices are Samsung products.  Your best option for your Samsung devices that you've tried unsuccessfully to update would be to take them to a Samsung Experience Center, located inside most Best Buy stores, and ask them to flash the updates for you. 

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2494 of 2,504
Contributor

how do i update my note 4 N910A

Message 2495 of 2,504
Scholar

What version do you have Now???

Message 2496 of 2,504
Contributor

Same issue here as well, and I'm an AT&T customer. Bought my unlocked phone from Walmart (Alcatel One Touch Idol 3), the software says it's up to date, still nothing on Marshmallow. Wish they'd roll it out sooner.... 

Message 2497 of 2,504
ACE - Professor

@LenkaFan wrote:

Same issue here as well, and I'm an AT&T customer. Bought my unlocked phone from Walmart (Alcatel One Touch Idol 3), the software says it's up to date, still nothing on Marshmallow. Wish they'd roll it out sooner.... 

The Marshmallow update was released a year ago.  See here.

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2498 of 2,504
Contributor

How can I update my LG L21G Destiny to Marshmallow from Lollipop? The device support section on AT&T's site does not list this phone, but they are my carrier.

Message 2499 of 2,504
ACE - Expert

@jamminjames wrote:

How can I update my LG L21G Destiny to Marshmallow from Lollipop? The device support section on AT&T's site does not list this phone, but they are my carrier.

@jamminjames

att cant update a phone that is not sold by them.

Message 2500 of 2,504
Contributor

From everything I've read the AT&T Samsung Note 4 SM-910A update to Android 6.0.1. did not work properly and was pulled back and never re-released.  Any attempt to update to 6.0.1. using the software originally provided by AT&T or elsewhere will result in issues with the phone rendering it unusable although there is a small chance to roll back to the previous Android version (5.1.1., I think).  Any attempt to root the phone, unlock the bootloader, or otherwise fool with the firmware stands a good chance of bricking the phone, as in permanently unusable, unrecoverable, unretrievable.  The issues are the Android update was faulty and there is a basic hardware incompatibility.  I went through the process with One-Click Root and received a prompt refund when they discovered there is no stable way to root an AT&T Samsung Note 4 SM-910A and none was expected.

Message 2501 of 2,504
Scholar

There were reports of people using other unapproved methods to install these updates and they eventually cooked their processors. I was one of those. I got one of my note 4s repaired, new motherboard, and it works flawlessly with 6.x.

Regarding root, yes, you cannot root the note 4. This is by design. There was never a true method to root the phone.

Message 2502 of 2,504
Contributor

Re: Marshmallow Updates

Huh. Well my
Apologies. I woulda never looked to a repair on mine. It cost $100. I just
didna want to take the chance with so many having issues. I'll jus wait til
i get another phone. BTW, mine is a M910AUCS2D019 at build
LMY47X.N910AUCS2D019.
Message 2503 of 2,504
Contributor

Buenas noches, tengo duda sobre mi note 4 es el modelo correspondiente pero no me llega a versión de Android 6 que puedo hacer?

Message 2504 of 2,504
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support