Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Marshmallow Update

Tutor

Marshmallow Update

When will the marshmallow update be out for the galaxy s6 edge and the galaxy note 5 been hearing rumors of the note 5 update out as of March 14 but every time I check for the update I get nothing. Anyone get it????
Message 1 of 36
Professor

Re: Marshmallow Update

ATT has not released the update. They will not give a projected release date. Figure several weeks to several months.

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"
Message 2 of 36
Tutor

AT&T and Samsung are pretty slow at this. It was the same for lollipop
Message 3 of 36
ACE - Sage

The Galaxy S6 started rolling out on the 14th, or so they say.  

They roll out slowly, waiting for bug reports.  Since there has been not a word from a frustrated customer, complaining about the update, I assume it hasn't gone out.  I can't believe it rolled out with no glitches.

Since its first on the list, you may have a little wait time yet for the Note 5 and GS6 Edge.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 36
ACE - Expert

Liz I have no idea where you got that 14th date from. The last update was Mar 3rd.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 36
ACE - Sage

There was an update, but not Marshmallow.

the rumor mill on marshmallow. 

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/android-marshmallow-coming-t-galaxy-s6-march-14-note-5-this-week-report-670...

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Rejoice-AT-T-tipped-to-release-Marshmallow-for-Note-5-today-March-14-...

This may be the pre-test date, not a roll out date.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 6 of 36
ACE - Expert

Again that was from a chat CSR. How many front line reps no update schedules? That's easy NONE. Whoever ran with that story that started on XDA is a poor reporter.
Message 7 of 36
ACE - Sage

That's how the rumors get started.   

Message 8 of 36
Tutor

With the whole mobile world built on how fast it can go and quick you can get info, you would think that they could be a little more quick with these updates I mean heck we are already looking at android n soon and most of us haven't even got marshmallow yet it's a little frustrating how slow they push updates out but that's just me I guess
Message 9 of 36
Contributor

I have note 5 but i have verizon for cell phone. I got the upgrade last week.
Message 10 of 36
Contributor

Seems AT&T are content to remain well behind the curve, with regards to customer care in this field. I guess stuffing that huge amount of bloatware into the OS is the priority for them. I have spoken with customer service several times trying to get a real answer, and the best they seem to have is "click your heels together and say there's no place like (insert other mobile provider here)" 

Message 11 of 36
Tutor

Yup they must think we really love all that bloat it's a bunch of crap I wish they would really get a clue on what the customer really wants
Message 12 of 36
Scholar

This is all too familiar! I wish they wouldn't announce updates until everyone is ready to receive them. That would cut down on a lot of frustration.
Message 13 of 36
Professor

@teeure_rdt wrote:
This is all too familiar! I wish they wouldn't announce updates until everyone is ready to receive them. That would cut down on a lot of frustration.

ATT doesn't announce updates. Not sure what you mean.

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"
Message 14 of 36
Contributor

This is absolutely ridiculous AT&T. You think because you're one of the largest cellular carriers on the planet that you can sit around, doing absolutely nothing in regards to the marshmallow update while almost EVERY OTHER CARRIER on earth has released the update. I am fed up with paying ridiculous fees for your services while getting the worst customer experience of all the carriers. I'm telling you this, I will tell every customer I see at work (I'm a cell phone repair Tech and see dozens of people who take my advice seriously every day) that your service has become terrible and that I myself will be cancelling my service with you, and they should as well... IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND GIVE US THE UPDATES WE PAY YOU FOR!!! The joke is you lock our bootloaders and give us no option to update and/or customize our devices any way we want, and force us to wait for your version of an android update released almost half a year ago! Sorry everyone. I know this rant is crazy long.. I've been holding this in for awhile and am becoming more and more upset. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Message 15 of 36
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support