For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
SonicProvoker's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 12th, 2011 8:04 AM

MMS message problem - keeps showing up with viewmymessage.com

So for the last week or two whenever I recieve a multimedia message, it keeps sending me to a viewmymessage.com URL instead of displaying it on my phone. My phone is an HTC Inspire (running 2.1) and I have no idea why it's started doing this. Also, whenever I try and send an MMS, it always won't send after "multiple tries". I took it to the AT&T store today and they said it was probably a virus Smiley Mad but something tells me otherwise...

Why does my 4G HTC think it's a pre 3G iPhone? Anyone??? This is driving me mad!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

86 Messages

12 years ago

Contact customer support, your account is not provisioned correctly for MMS.

Most likely they have the incorrect IMEI number listed for your device.  You should be able to update the IMEI via the OLAM.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Problem resolved.

While my account had been setup for the unlimited texting package, the picture/video portion was somehow disabled. Customer Service rectified the problem over the phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

This sounds good but I don't have att for my service but my phone is a att phone.i use straight talk through walmart.still contact att? This is so annoying!!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

My husband is having the same problem!  He has a Samsung Galaxy S6, with service from Straight Talk.  A few days ago it started the same thing.  He can get Text from 1 person, and reply to them.  If he gets an MMS, it directs him to the viewmymessage.com site, which does not open.  He cannot open a photo, nor can he reply to mulitiple people at one time, or send a photo to anyone.  Please help!  

Lisa

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Because it is a att phone it still has all of the att "crap" on it. Every now and then it wants to up date through att. It has an annoying pop up that is relentless and finally I gave in and allowed it to update. That is when this started for me. Did u also update? Also weird: mms seem to go through messenger but not messenging (comes loaded on phone) fb also made me reinstall messenger or I couldn't see msg on fb.not sure which caused this!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

He does not use FB, so I don't think he has messenger.  I still don't have his phone fixed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.