Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 12, 2011
12:04:18 AM
View profile
MMS message problem - keeps showing up with viewmymessage.com

So for the last week or two whenever I recieve a multimedia message, it keeps sending me to a viewmymessage.com URL instead of displaying it on my phone. My phone is an HTC Inspire (running 2.1) and I have no idea why it's started doing this. Also, whenever I try and send an MMS, it always won't send after "multiple tries". I took it to the AT&T store today and they said it was probably a virus Smiley Mad but something tells me otherwise...

Why does my 4G HTC think it's a pre 3G iPhone? Anyone??? This is driving me mad!

So for the last week or two whenever I recieve a multimedia message, it keeps sending me to a viewmymessage.com URL instead of displaying it on my phone. My phone is an HTC Inspire (running 2.1) and I have no idea why it's started doing this. Also, whenever I try and send an MMS, it always won't send after "multiple tries". I took it to the AT&T store today and they said it was probably a virus Smiley Mad but something tells me otherwise...

Why does my 4G HTC think it's a pre 3G iPhone? Anyone??? This is driving me mad!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 12, 2011 6:12:12 AM
(0)
Scholar

Contact customer support, your account is not provisioned correctly for MMS.

Most likely they have the incorrect IMEI number listed for your device.  You should be able to update the IMEI via the OLAM.

Accepted Solution

MMS message problem - keeps showing up with viewmymessage.com

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 12, 2011 6:12:12 AM
(0)
Scholar

Most likely they have the incorrect IMEI number listed for your device.  You should be able to update the IMEI via the OLAM.

Re: MMS message problem - keeps showing up with viewmymessage.com

2 of 3 (1,785 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2011 11:49:35 AM
(0)
Contributor

Problem resolved.

While my account had been setup for the unlimited texting package, the picture/video portion was somehow disabled. Customer Service rectified the problem over the phone.

Problem resolved.

While my account had been setup for the unlimited texting package, the picture/video portion was somehow disabled. Customer Service rectified the problem over the phone.

Re: MMS message problem - keeps showing up with viewmymessage.com

3 of 3 (1,770 Views)