For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Tonyp424's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Monday, June 29th, 2015 6:16 PM

Lollipop 5.1.1 update for S6

i see T Mobile update the S6 to the new lollipop 5.1.1 , i now see US Cellular updating S6 phones as well, so why is ATT not? Why isnt Verizon or Sprint ? the biggest names in this biz and yet we never get Anything first.

its things like this that make me think about jumping on the T-Mobile wagon to be honest. 

ATT and Verizon should be the First 2 to get any updates.

i guess i wont hold my breathe and wait like all the other loyal to ATT customers for our phones to maybe be updated by Christmas time.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@Tonyp424 wrote:

i see T Mobile update the S6 to the new lollipop 5.1.1 , i now see US Cellular updating S6 phones as well, so why is ATT not? Why isnt Verizon or Sprint ? the biggest names in this biz and yet we never get Anything first.

its things like this that make me think about jumping on the T-Mobile wagon to be honest. 

ATT and Verizon should be the First 2 to get any updates.

i guess i wont hold my breathe and wait like all the other loyal to ATT customers for our phones to maybe be updated by Christmas time.

Both ATT and Verizon will tell you its because of there testing process.  Its also because of the large amount of APPS they add to phone that have to be tested to make sure they will work.  ATT message backup caused a problem on the s6 when it was launched.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

FYI its 5.1 not 5.1.1 on sprint

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

thanks brother @GLIMMERMAN76 

i will wait it out like everyone else, good to know ATT is testing it well before rolling it out.

Good day.

Tony

Scholar

• 

50 Messages

9 years ago

I wouldn't assume that they are testing it well. They have released plenty of past updates that broke things. Their test process is probably more like a cumbersome validation of checkboxes that take a long time to fill. We would be better served if AT&T simply passed on what the manufacturers released. That way, when bugs do get out, we can quickly get fixes. When there's a three month validation process, AT&T will release with known bugs that may already have a fix. However, you won't get that fix until the newest build goes through the same long test cycle.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

you realize that Samsung is the one testing to right?  Samsung sends att the build to test.  Then its sent back to samsung for revision or final polish for OTA.   All att does is give samsung the apps it want loaded in the rom.  Samsung builds all software into the rom package.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

yes i do brother, thanks for the info though, i am patiently waiting for the update 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:
FYI its 5.1 not 5.1.1 on sprint

FYI - it IS 5.1.1 on Sprint not 5.1, not sure where you're getting your details but I received it on my S6 last week (screenshot attached)

S6on511.png

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

the original screen shots I seen were of the download notification screen and they said 5.1 it was not till hours later that tech sites posted the screen shots just like yours.

here is what I was going off of..

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/06/30/sprint-galaxy-s6-and-s6-edge-receiving-update-to-android-5-1-today/

Scholar

• 

50 Messages

9 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

you realize that Samsung is the one testing to right?  Samsung sends att the build to test.  Then its sent back to samsung for revision or final polish for OTA.   All att does is give samsung the apps it want loaded in the rom.  Samsung builds all software into the rom package.

You realize that Samsung is ready for 5.1.1 with their dev and testing, right? We are waiting, because of testing and apps that are required by AT&T. We are no longer waiting on Samsunhg

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.