The Samsung Galaxy S24
HappyBallz's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 2nd, 2013 10:20 PM

Locked bootloader on Galaxy S4...DO NOT BUY IT!

I been with ATT for over 10 years and every year I see more and more anticonsumer behavior from you... I was planning on purchasing new Galaxy S4 and now I come to find out that it and the other high-end phone, HTC One, both have locked bootloaders!

Why are you crippling devices ATT? This is a slap in the face to any loyal customer and high-tech driven people. These phones were meant to be used with maximum cusomization in mind, Sprint and T-Mobile both released theirs totally unmolested.

Why are you driving your customers away?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

That's an odd conclusion. AT&T locks the bootloader and as a result you won't buy from Samsung?

As for me, because of this locked bootloader issue, I won't be returning to AT&T after this contract runs out. I need to be with a GSM carrier, so T-Mobile it is!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Finally sold the S4 and "adios" AT&T !!!!!!! and Samsung too in the process...........................no more LOCKED BOOTLOADER !!!!!!! 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@rgp2014 wrote:

Finally sold the S4 and "adios" AT&T !!!!!!! and Samsung too in the process...........................no more LOCKED BOOTLOADER !!!!!!! 

Suspect that you will find locked bootloaders with other manufacturer's and carriers

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

They do this so you feel the need to upgrade to a different phone. That's why s4 mini and s3 mini have locked bootloaders. If you could simply load another rom to make phone better you would have no reason to spend the extra cash to buy a top tier phone. Giving low price high quality experiences that last don't pay their bills as well as giving an over priced low quality experiences that need to be refreshed annually. It's about business

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

locked yes encrypted no

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I hate Samsung and their buggy software.  I hate all the bloat on my phone.  The battery drains insanely fast.  I have to keep it plugged in all day long.  If I take it off charge for an hour the battery will be half dead.  If I am on a call I and I need to use the keypad to input it keeps disappearing as I move my finger in to touch a number.  Before the most recent update if I multitasked away from and back to chrome the screen would be black and wouln't refresh until I moved the page.  Some security software would pop up telling me some app was doing something wrong but it wouldn't tell me what app.  So annoying.  All these apps I don't use and I can't uninstall or stop them.  Sucking my battery all day long and I don't want them.  Samsung software is an abomination.  It is the worst software in the world.  Google should sue them for ruining android.  I hate hate hate samsung.  And now of course I hate AT&T because they are forcing me to use this horrible software.  

I have never considered unlocking a bootloader, but I want this think unlocked so I can install cyanogenmod on it. 

One nice thing is AT&T changed their policy so you now have to wait the full two years before upgrading.  I was always tempted into buying another subsidized phone after 18months.  Now there is nothing keeping me from leaving AT&T.  And GOOD RIDDANCE IT WILL BE!

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Oh and the first S4 I had died after two months.  I was in Singapore and the phone was my only camera.  I was on the phone for 45 minutes with AT&T and get to the end where they are going to send me a new phone and no they can't send it to Singapore.  Saying it ruined my vacation would be over kill, but I don't have any pictures thanks to Samsung and AT&T.   The phone gets way too hot way too fast doing nothing.  Well it's running all that junk Samsung software in the background.  It's a lot of work running junk software because the phone really heats up.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Bumping to try and keep this in the light.

I to as well want to load cyanogen on this overbloated phone. Have you guys checked the permissions on this bloat? We are being data-mined and can not escape. 

I too will not be returning to At&t. This was my first smartphone and I didn't even know what was what when I got suckered into this

[Inappropriate content removed]

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

as soon as you log into google your data is being mined as you call it.  Apple does the same exact thing.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Ay, but google is providing a service we are not paying for and have the option not to use. We are being strongarmed and swindled into this. This is an important difference as it shows the underlying character of AT&T. If I were a shareholder I would be upset.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.