Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Lg g flex 2 won't update to 5.1.1

Voyager

Lg g flex 2 won't update to 5.1.1

Got me a brand new LG g flex 2, software still at 5.0.1,OTA software update keep telling me device is up to date. Can anybody help? 

Message 1 of 6
Employee
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by ms_unicorn
‎03-03-2016 6:12 AM

Re: Lg g flex 2 won't update to 5.1.1

You need to boot into recovery mode and clear the CACHE PARTITION. Then try update again.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Voyager

How do I boot into recovery?
Ok, just find out about boot into recovery, will try your suggestion and see what happens
Message 3 of 6
Employee

On most LG devices hold DOWN VOLUME and POWER while booting up.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

i got the device as a gift i live in mexico, currently im with AT&T Mexico (no us sim card). could you please tell me if there is a way to update from here? currently on 5.0.1 and the update counter says 9451 hrs to check again Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 6
Tutor

hi im from costa rica we no us sim card of us i need update my lg g flex 2 its octuber 2017 others device have 7.1 or 8.0 i wanna my device at least in 7.1 how i can do it if i am from costa rica i repeat we no us sim card of aat&t and in here we dont recive anything of update i need my update i pay for this device i have rights

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support