For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Marty_LK's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, December 4th, 2012 8:07 PM

Latest GS3 JB update breaks LTE data

Just in case AT&T wouldn't see my comments elsewhere about the latest update issues, I make this report here.

Updated through Kies and my LTE data is nothing more than 3-year old 3G data speeds now. I was getting 9,000+ Kb/s speeds before the update - far from the national average, but I accepted it and was glad. After the update, my data speeds are around the typical 3G speeds of 3,000 Kb/s with intermittent connectivity issues.

Here's hoping for a *real* AT&T OTA update soon, fixing these issues.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Couldn't edit the OP to add this....

By the way, the APN after this update is no longer "ATT PTA". It's just "ATT". And since mine is unrooted, the APN cannot be altered.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

I'm still getting 28 Mbps down and almost 19 up. 

You should be able to access your APN settings, as well.  What do you see when you go to the APN settings on your phone?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Mine is reading 4386 kbs. I assume thats still in 4G? Right?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Did a 2nd test now it says 8858 kbs...how do i get an accurate reading? What app should i use?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Well...after a day of out-and-about usage, the data issue has calmed down. Tested at 2 other locations and both were consistent with LTE speeds. One place was about 7,000 Kb/s. The other place was about 11,000 Kb/s. The 11,000 Kb/s is higher than my GS3 has ever gotten here in Oklahoma City, which was about 9,000 Kb/s. I went to Atlanta, Georgia a couple months ago and the average speed on my GS3 was about 30,000 Kb/s. A 20MB file would download in about 1.5 seconds there. I wish AT&T would improve the LTE data here in OKC.

Nevertheless, apologies to AT&T for the erring data bug report.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

@Angelh0809 wrote:
Did a 2nd test now it says 8858 kbs...how do i get an accurate reading? What app should i use?

Not really able to get fully accurate readings with LTE. But I use, and which is the most popular speed tester, Speedtest by OOKLA.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

They call it ATT PHONE now but the settings are the same. Press the menu key when at APN page, it should let you add an APN. I am getting 30000+ down and 18000+ up.

Guru

• 

134 Messages

11 years ago

Just upgradded to JB tonight. In Atlanta area and got 20Mbps down and 22 up.
Seems to still be working the same.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.