Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Latest Android update --can't schedule text messages!

Tutor

Latest Android update --can't schedule text messages!

Samsung S7 Active. My phone just updated software yesterday, Mar 14 2018. Now, I am no longer able to schedule a text message. When I tap on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the messaging screen the only commands that drop down our block number and add contacts..

Should I try to uninstall and go back to the last version of the operating system? Or is this something that can be fixed with another update?

Message 1 of 25
Contributor

Re: Latest Android update --can't schedule text messages!

Thank you sooooo much!!!!!!

Message 16 of 25
Contributor

The latest update on my Galaxy S7 eliminated scheduled texts AND eliminated the "quick message" response on the 3 dots. For me, I can go to the quick responses and modify them, but it is NOT an option when you are in a message! The only options while in a message are Notifications, Album, and add or remove recipients and block contact. This is terrible!

Message 17 of 25
Contributor

Thanks

Message 18 of 25
Contributor

I've discovered an application called 'Do It Later' that is smooth and simple to utilize, yet it doesn't enable you to join media to the messages you timetable (and you need to pay $3 on the off chance that you need to send to in excess of 2 individuals at once).

Has anybody run over something that may serve me better? Google should incorporate this standard, yet I'm not actually holding my breath over it, unfortunately.

Message 19 of 25
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎05-02-2019 6:11 AM

@JosephTwitchel wrote:

I've discovered an application called 'Do It Later' that is smooth and simple to utilize, yet it doesn't enable you to join media to the messages you timetable (and you need to pay $3 on the off chance that you need to send to in excess of 2 individuals at once).

Has anybody run over something that may serve me better? Google should incorporate this standard, yet I'm not actually holding my breath over it, unfortunately.

The function is still included in the ATT phone messages.  The updates moved it from the three dots, to the + sign and then back to the 3 dots if your phone is running Oreo OS.   

There are dozens of text apps like Textra which have this feature and work with MMS.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 20 of 25
Contributor

I want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.  I use schedule message feature almost everyday & was DEVASTATED when I couldn't find it.  YOU ARE THE BEST.

Message 21 of 25
Contributor

I have a Note8.. and just did the update last night and the schedule text feature has disappeared again... I don't see a way to schedule using the + sign located anywhere in the message 

Message 22 of 25
Contributor

You are awesome. THANK YOU!

Message 23 of 25
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎05-29-2019 12:41 PM

@NurseKathi wrote:

I have a Note8.. and just did the update last night and the schedule text feature has disappeared again... I don't see a way to schedule using the + sign located anywhere in the message 

Had you read my post, the feature was moved to the 3 dots at upper right.  

Back in 2018 it was moved to the + sign.  

It's been moved back and forth with each update.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 24 of 25
Contributor

OMG! Thank You So Much! I checked the + then the three dots and there it was, "schedule a text" my daughter who lives on the Mainland, (I live in Hawaii) gets mad at me for sending a text during the weekday at 7pm Hawaii time and it's 10pm Vegas time and she's asleep. Thank you again! I really appreciate it! (Btw, I'm not the one who post requested the question)

Message 25 of 25
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support