For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
BeSkepticalOfAll's profile

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

Thursday, October 31st, 2019 7:07 PM

LTE no longer working--on my phone? in my area?

I live at/near Aurora, Illinois, a city often considered a suburb of Chicago.  I recently noticed that my Google Pixel XL no longer uses LTE.  It uses 4G instead, except when making a phone call it goes into H+ .  I don't know whether other AT&T customers in my area are seeing the same problem.

I ran the full Troubleshooter in AT&T's Mark My Spot app.  It simply told me that my complaint/feedback has been submitted.

Until recently, this phone regularly used LTE, so I have difficulty believing that the problem is related to settings or any such.  It occurs to me that AT&T may have recently decided to reserve LTE for only those phone models that AT&T officially supports.  (The Pixel XL is not one of them.)  Does this sound familiar to any AT&T employees or experts?

Or perhaps (almost the same thing) AT&T now reserves LTE for only those phones that support WiFi Calling?  (The Pixel XL does not.)

The phone was somewhat recently upgraded to Android 10 (build number QP1A.191005.007.A1).  Could this have triggered an incompatibility?

Note that I have several tablet models on (free-of-charge) T-Mobile data plans.  They continue to use T-Mobile's LTE as always.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

@BeSkepticalOfAll wrote:

I live at/near Aurora, Illinois, a city often considered a suburb of Chicago.  I recently noticed that my Google Pixel XL no longer uses LTE.  It uses 4G instead, except when making a phone call it goes into H+ .  I don't know whether other AT&T customers in my area are seeing the same problem.

I ran the full Troubleshooter in AT&T's Mark My Spot app.  It simply told me that my complaint/feedback has been submitted.

Until recently, this phone regularly used LTE, so I have difficulty believing that the problem is related to settings or any such.  It occurs to me that AT&T may have recently decided to reserve LTE for only those phone models that AT&T officially supports.  (The Pixel XL is not one of them.)  Does this sound familiar to any AT&T employees or experts?

Or perhaps (almost the same thing) AT&T now reserves LTE for only those phones that support WiFi Calling?  (The Pixel XL does not.)

The phone was somewhat recently upgraded to Android 10 (build number QP1A.191005.007.A1).  Could this have triggered an incompatibility?

Note that I have several tablet models on (free-of-charge) T-Mobile data plans.  They continue to use T-Mobile's LTE as always.

If your seeing 4g that means LTE and H+ means 3g which is no surprise since the OG pixels do not get VoLTE.  The link you posted is exactly your problem...

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

I executed the steps of the workaround listed in the hyperlinked article.  I now see the LTE icon as expected.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.