For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
user99999's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, October 10th, 2015 11:52 PM

LOLLIPOP 5.1.1 UPDATE PROBLEM - INTALL INTERRUPTED

AT&T JUST RELEASED THE NEW 5.1.1 UPDATE ON OCT 9TH 2015 BUT
MANY ARE COMPLAINING THAT THEY CANNOT COMPLETE THE INSTALLATION PROCESS, GETTING ERROR MESSAGE "INSTALL INTERRUPTED". PLEASE LOOK INTO IT AT&T.
I ATTEMPTED 3 TIMES & GOT SAME ERROR MESSAGE "INSTALL INTERRUPTED"...
ALTHOUGH SOME OTHERS WERE SUCCESSFUL UPDATING TO THE 5.1.1. A LOT OF US ARE HAVING ISSUES UPDATING AS IT KEEPS FAILING.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

One all caps? No need to yell...

Now how much free space do you have? The update needs 3 to 4 gigs of free space.

Have you disabled any apps?

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Galaxy Note 4 update to 5.1.1 failed at 1 percent.
3rd time attempted. Would like to work around and install, if possible.

Since this won't work, how can I prevent this rather large download agsin?

Edit: I have 6.5 GB of free space

Solved: cleared Cache before update. This solved the issue for me.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76
LOL, NOT YELLING, JUST LOVE HOW CAPS LOOK 😉 ...LOL... BUT I ATTEMPTED ON A DEVICE WITH MORE THAN 10GB OF SPACE, PHONE IS PRACTICALLY NEW, DID NOT ALTER ANY APP. NO SWEAT THO, I DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT THIS UPDATE, I HAVE A FEELING IT'S GOING TO BE A PROBLEM...

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

@trayschaeffer

ONLY WAY I'VE BEEN ABLE TO PREVENT THE AUTOMATIC DOWNLOAD IS BY STAYING OFF WIFI, IT WONT DOWNLOAD ON 4G... TURN OFF WIFI.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I finally solved this on my note 4. I didn't have enough internal free-space. You could either delete stuff you don't need or see if you can free up the temporary files by trying this: Go to settings, general, storage and then click on 'cached data'
It will ask you to confirm clearing the cache. Confirm and then verify you have more than 4GB free. Then retry the update. You may need to wait another 24 hours before you can download again or change the date manually and check again.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I had to do both these in order for mine to go through:

-Turn the phone off.

-Press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons at the same time.

-When the phone vibrates, release the Power and Home buttons but continue to press and hold the Volume Up button.

-When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up button.

-Press the Volume Down button to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'

-Press the Power button to select.

-When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.

-Press the Power button to restart the device.

Then, in settings:

-Navigate to Storage

-Select the Cached Data box. It will state that the cached data will be deleted. Mine had about 7 GB of cached data.

If you're within the 24 hour window since you last tried to update, go to your date and time settings, uncheck "Automatically Set Date/Time" and change the date to two days in the future. It'll allow you to try the update again.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have wiped the cashe in recovery mode and in the storage rebooted taken out the battery and down loaded 5 times and still errors out. I talked to best buys and they said they do not have the update yet but they can install manually once they get it. I have to get it to apple at least the updates are fast to come out and are easy yo install.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm having the same problem. I've tried 5 times on my S5 and when it tries to install, it fails. I have 5GB free. Cleared cache, turned it off several times, changed the date forward 2-3 days to trick the phone and try to install. Nothing works. It even tried doing it itself without my doing. Don't know what else to try. Nothing online says how to fix it...

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@yessisan wrote:
I'm having the same problem. I've tried 5 times on my S5 and when it tries to install, it fails. I have 5GB free. Cleared cache, turned it off several times, changed the date forward 2-3 days to trick the phone and try to install. Nothing works. It even tried doing it itself without my doing. Don't know what else to try. Nothing online says how to fix it...

on some phones its taking close to 7gb free for the update to run...  Also remove your SD card.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Whomever is still having problems downloading the update, make sure you have at least 6GB of free storage space on your device (SD card does not count) . That fixed my problem, finally. It would've been nice if the update tells you that you need xx storage space to complete update, but it doesn't. And you don't need to remove the SD card.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.