The Samsung Galaxy S24
jaydonihoo's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Monday, October 17th, 2016 8:04 PM

LG v10 Bootloop and Crash

Did anyone elses LGV10 bootloop and crash after the forced update last week?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

If you think a s7 is inferior I guess you don't understand phones. The v10 and v20 are jink

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am adding my voice to this thread.  I am disgusted.  I purchased my phone 1 year ago and was not aware of the problem.  Clearly based on the posts in this thread AT&T was well aware of this problem and sold me a phone that just died.  I should have been informed by AT&T of the problem and been given a replacement phone of a different brand and type.  

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Always a conspiracy. AT&T isn't aware of anything until LG admits it and states as such. Otherwise if a phone is under warranty, they'll be replaced PER THE MANUFACTURER'S instruction. Which is a like for like replacement.

Otherwise everyone has the option to go with the manufacturer directly for support with warranty.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

AT&T as a wireless company is completely aware. Several people have had the issue and even lg has admitted the issue with previous phones. Its known to both companies. AT&T just wants your phone to last long enough to be out of warranty so you have to pay a deductible on insurance at $225 for these phones. Its not skmething insurance should have to cover and not something I or anyone else should have to pay for as it is an issue with the phoneconsidering it is a manufacturing/software issue with them.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

AT&T doesn't provide the warranty so it makes no difference to them. THE MANUFACTURER provides warranty. AT&T does exchanges on THEIR BEHALF. If AT&T replaces an LG phone, LG is on the hook for the cost of that.

There are no conspiracies here so unless you got proof of such I wouldn't be propagating false assumptions based on nothing. Unless you want to show us a press release from LG that admits to the problem as officially recognized like the Note 7 recall. And official means it's from LG and to corroborate the notion that it's known by AT&T. A date would be further concrete evidence too. Let's see, the LG V10 was released in the Fall of 2015. So if you're going to say AT&T knew about this issue early then something from around then.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Nothing really to say other than you know it. Everyone at AT&T knows it. Pretty sure when the LG g5 nexus v10 and v20 are all contained in a law suit against LG that points it out. Considering all phones made by same company are having the same issue. But what do I know I'm a consumer who makes a living connecting dots and figuring things out but I guess you can't.

https://www.xda-developers.com/lg-bootloop-lawsuit-adds-nexus-5x-lg-g5-v20-case/

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Nothing really to say other than you know it. Everyone at AT&T knows it. Pretty sure when the LG g5 nexus v10 and v20 are all contained in a law suit against LG that points it out. Considering all phones made by same company are having the same issue. But what do I know I'm a consumer who makes a living connecting dots and figuring things out but I guess you can't.

https://www.xda-developers.com/lg-bootloop-lawsuit-adds-nexus-5x-lg-g5-v20-case/

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Why did you have to edit your statement. Knew that someone would be able to point out the stupidity in your remarks as an employee. Dude just admit AT&T became aware of an issue with the phones last year. Never have I said AT&T was responsible but they have a knowledge of the issue. AT&T should replace those phones and go after LG not just refer the customer to the insurance for a issue beyond the control of the consumer which are the people who in the end make AT&T their money and in turn help you get paid.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Why did you have to edit your statement.   Dude just admit AT&T became aware of an issue with the phones last year. Never have I said AT&T was responsible but they have a knowledge of the issue. AT&T should replace those phones and go after LG not just refer the customer to the insurance for a issue beyond the control of the consumer which are the people who in the end make AT&T their money and in turn help you get paid. [Please keep it courteous]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.