The Samsung Galaxy S24
aboogiebk718's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 4th, 2017 5:55 AM

LG V10 receiving the nougat update

Just out of curiosity, is the H900 LG V10 receiving the latest nougat 7.0 update?

I already noticed T-mobile released the update for their version of the V10, I also noticed AT&T updated the G5.

Will it even be released by AT&T for the H900 V10 & If so when?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

I was relieved too.  But will be disappointed if HTC doesn't step up with a better design.  The Pixel was great function, lousy form.   

The updates are driven by popularity of a device, the LG G3 and Samsung GS5 sold a ton of phones and updated long after expected.  I wonder how many V10 ATT sold?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

I was relieved too.  But will be disappointed if HTC doesn't step up with a better design.  The Pixel was great function, lousy form.   

The updates are driven by popularity of a device, the LG G3 and Samsung GS5 sold a ton of phones and updated long after expected.  I wonder how many V10 ATT sold?

@lizdance40

HTC didnt design the phone Google did....  Thats why there was no HTC branding on the phone.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Well they got the inside right, but the outside...😝

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

7 years ago

So Android Oreo just came out today and the LG V10 is still stuck on Android Marshmallow. T-Mobile got Nougat more than a month ago. Man Indifferent

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@buglebug

and it may never get nougat....  I dont blame ATT I blame LG and there lack of updates for any of there phones.  Think about it the v20 has only had a hand full of updates where newer samsung devices get updates monthly.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

At the rate this snail paced update is happening Oreo will have been released to all other carriers. I refuse to upgrade my phone until this one dies but it will be the last AT&T & LG branded.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@XiZhen_Biker187 wrote:

At the rate this snail paced update is happening Oreo will have been released to all other carriers. I refuse to upgrade my phone until this one dies but it will be the last AT&T & LG branded.

Yeah I have oreo on my pixel xl....  it will be interesting to see if the Note 8 and v30 launch with oreo or nougat.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

7 years ago

But nougat exists for the V10. And it's obviously available to U.S. carriers if T-Mobile was able to push it.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@buglebug wrote:

But nougat exists for the V10. And it's obviously available to U.S. carriers if T-Mobile was able to push it.

and ATT may choose not to waste time and effort to update a phone that sold poorly....  Actually it did better than the g5 but not much....  The G6 was a nice phone but was to LAGGY....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The update was released months ago by LG. Months ago. T-mobile already released it. What's going on here? Does AT&T have enough staff employed to do things in a timely fashion? What is the hold up exactly? No one cares to wait for AT&T to update the bloatware apps for the new release. No one uses them nor likes them. Call it a day and release it with the same AT&T apps from marshmallow. Everyone is going to ignore them anyway.

Ridiculous.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.