The Samsung Galaxy S24
lloyd6770's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011 5:34 PM

LG Quantum Issue

I noticed yesterday that I am not able to go to my Marketplace for apps and such.  When I try to go there, it gives me an "updating" screen, and after about 10 seconds, it just takes me back to my home screen.  I also tried to go to Xbox live, and when I get to the screen where I can get more games, it says "updating" across the top of the screen.  I thought maybe it was really updating, so I left it there.  It has now been there for about an hour or so, with no change.  I went into settings to see if there was an update for the phone, but it says there isn't.  I am currently hooked up to WiFi.  Does anyone have any insight  in to what the issue could be.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

13 years ago

have you tried power cycling the phone,

is it only those two apps messing up?

Can you turn off wifi and try it on 3g?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Turning the phone off and back on worked wonderfully.  Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I was having the same issue, but turning the phone off/on didn't help.  I ended up doing a complete RESTART!! Smiley Mad  We just purchased our new phones 2 weeks ago, and I've had problems ever since!

BUT, I still have another big issue:  I can't connect to my home WiFi at all!!!  It's a secure router, and my phone wants a "Password" to access it.  Problem is, I don't have a password for it!!!  I tried the WEP Key, but that wasn't it.  I asked someone from Verizon, and they said they don't have passwords for their routers, it should be the WEP, UNLESS the phone is looking for a WPA or WPA1 key... but I can't find anything in the LG or AT&T documentation that tells me if it wants a WEP or a WPA.  (and if it's looking for WPA, I'd have to re-set EVERYTHING Else that uses the router to the WPA settings!!  UGH!)

So, in the mean time, I've been eating up data plan trying to connect to my WiFi!!!  (btw - everyone else in my family purchased Android phones when I bought this Windows phone, and they are ALL connecting to the WiFi with NO Problems!!)  Help!?!?!?

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

13 years ago

Odd

Try erasing the wifi profile on the phone then power cycle the phone and reestablish the connection to your wifi.

if that does not work i would post this over at the microsoft forum http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7?page=1&tab=all as it is an operating system bug they may be better able to help than ATT.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have had my Quantum since it first came out. I have overall been happy with it.... until they did the Mango update. I have had nothing but issues since this update. My phone locks up, it randomly restarts. If I flick the keyboard open too hard it restarts my phone and I lose any text  messages that were sent or received in the previous minute before the reboot. My phone has never been dropped and I don't want to give up Mango because I like a lot of the added features, but the reboot in the middle of a conversation or reboot because it is opened to fast is annoying. AT&T just wants me to reset to factory settings and try again. My daughter did this and now her phone says it has the mango update but she has none of the features. so I don't want to do that. Is it time to move to an Iphone 4s?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.