Mentor

LG Optimus G

Ok,It's the end of February ,any word on the jelly Bean update for this phone

word is it was supposed to be out by now

thanks

Message 1 of 13 (2,982 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: LG Optimus G

I'm sorry but as with other phones, I don't have any information on when Jellybean might be available for the Optimus G. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 13 (2,924 Views)
Scholar

You should of got the nexus 4
Message 3 of 13 (2,907 Views)
Contributor

Unfortunately the Nexus 4 has no LTE. Why go with a phone that has inferior hardware?
Message 4 of 13 (2,886 Views)
Scholar

But he's not complaining about hardware he's complaining about software. And att probably doesn't have lte in your area anyway
Message 5 of 13 (2,881 Views)
Contributor

Yes LTE is in my area and it's great.  I easily sacrifice JB for LTE.  This phone runs great on ICS.  Looks like Sprint is starting to roll out their JB relaase today.

Message 6 of 13 (2,861 Views)
Scholar

Since I don't have lte it doesn't matter for me. I rather have the latest updates. And lg skin on android drains the battery a lot
Message 7 of 13 (2,855 Views)
Scholar

Way more stylish than the options g. Plus wireless charging
Message 8 of 13 (2,835 Views)
Tutor

I figure updates are based on how many people buy the phone so I thought I must have been the only one who bought one. Anyway It's now the end of March and still no updates. You know I wish when you attempt an update the phone should say "There are no available updates" instead of "Your phone is up to date". No, my phone is not up to date. The promise of an early update was one of the selling points that convinced me to bought it in the first place.

Message 9 of 13 (2,595 Views)

Congratulations AT&T, I have now signed all four of my lines up at T-Mobile due in no small part to the utter lack of communication with those of us that pay for your existence. Good luck everyone here, I hope it comes soon.
Message 10 of 13 (2,522 Views)
Teacher

Thank GOD for the Developer community.  I'm running 4.2.2 thanks to some hard working enthustasts.

The thought of this device, which is essentially the Nexus 4 with an SD Card and LTE still stuck on ICS (which it should have skipped in the first place) MONTHS after release, and it seems against the word of both LG and AT&T is disgusting.

Message 11 of 13 (2,385 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I just got my update today!! Software shows Android version 4.1.2 Smiley Happy - check you phones!!!! 

Message 12 of 13 (2,220 Views)
Scholar

Message 13 of 13 (2,129 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.