Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 16, 2012
7:10:07 AM
LG Optimus G Wifi

I hope this is the right place to ask, cause its been so long since I've been on here. My LG Optimus wifi keeps turning itself off. I turn it on and try to connect to my wifi at home and after about 15 seconds it turns right off! I can't figure out why?

I hope this is the right place to ask, cause its been so long since I've been on here. My LG Optimus wifi keeps turning itself off. I turn it on and try to connect to my wifi at home and after about 15 seconds it turns right off! I can't figure out why?

LG Optimus G Wifi

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2012 7:15:31 PM
(0)
Tutor
*Bump*
Same issue here. This is driving me crazy.

Most of the time, if I stay on the WiFi setting screen after I connect to a network, the screen will say "turning off WiFi" within a few seconds and the connection is lost.

What is going on? I have the "keep WiFi on during sleep" setting at "always."
*Bump*
Same issue here. This is driving me crazy.

Most of the time, if I stay on the WiFi setting screen after I connect to a network, the screen will say "turning off WiFi" within a few seconds and the connection is lost.

What is going on? I have the "keep WiFi on during sleep" setting at "always."

Re: LG Optimus G Wifi

2 of 5 (5,936 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2012 10:28:43 AM
(0)
Tutor
Drewsky56, Do you have AVG antivirus free installed? I just uninstalled it and several annoying problems went away:

-WiFi no longer turns off on its own
-WiFi networks are remembered
-phone no longer hangs when performing power off and restart

Hope that helps you.
Drewsky56, Do you have AVG antivirus free installed? I just uninstalled it and several annoying problems went away:

-WiFi no longer turns off on its own
-WiFi networks are remembered
-phone no longer hangs when performing power off and restart

Hope that helps you.

3 of 5 (5,914 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2012 9:34:26 PM
(0)
Tutor
... and either disable the built-in AT&T Smart WiFi app, or register your network with it.
... and either disable the built-in AT&T Smart WiFi app, or register your network with it.

4 of 5 (5,881 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2013 12:17:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

I just got the phone tonite and the wifi not staying on was driving me nuts! You have to disable the AT&T Smart WiFi app!!!!!!!  Then everything works great!!!

I just got the phone tonite and the wifi not staying on was driving me nuts! You have to disable the AT&T Smart WiFi app!!!!!!!  Then everything works great!!!

5 of 5 (5,538 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments