Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 3, 2014
11:41:58 AM
View profile
LG Optimus G Pro HotSpot Not Working

I turned on HotSpot on the OGP.  Configured it accordingly.  I was able to connect my device to my phone.  But that is it.  It doesn't seem to be able to beyond that.

My laptop says supposedly it has internet connections.  But I can't ping any sites, data does not seem to go beyond the phone.

Thanks,

K

I turned on HotSpot on the OGP.  Configured it accordingly.  I was able to connect my device to my phone.  But that is it.  It doesn't seem to be able to beyond that.

My laptop says supposedly it has internet connections.  But I can't ping any sites, data does not seem to go beyond the phone.

Thanks,

K

LG Optimus G Pro HotSpot Not Working

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 12:51:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Do you have a data plan that allows tethering?

Do you have a data plan that allows tethering?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: LG Optimus G Pro HotSpot Not Working

2 of 4 (5,146 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 1:47:03 PM
(0)
Teacher

I have the 10GB shared data plan.

I don't think the device even allows you to turn on HotSpot unless it has the correct data plan.

Thanks,

K

I have the 10GB shared data plan.

I don't think the device even allows you to turn on HotSpot unless it has the correct data plan.

Thanks,

K

3 of 4 (5,128 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 10:26:51 AM
(0)
Teacher
I tried tethering via Bluetooth. It paired fine. Use internet connection is checked..

But no go. Data is just not coming back to the attached device.
I tried tethering via Bluetooth. It paired fine. Use internet connection is checked..

But no go. Data is just not coming back to the attached device.

4 of 4 (5,066 Views)