The Samsung Galaxy S24
JustPatricia's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, September 3rd, 2014 2:26 PM

LG Optimus G Pro Bluetooth - Notifications Issue

Are you serious? There's no forum for phones? Oh well, it's getting posted anyway since I've already typed all this:

Ok, this is a real problem for me and getting quite annoying.

I just purchased my lovely LG Optimus G Pro about a month ago. Gorgeous phone and a pleasant relief from my BlackBerry. But...

I noticed just today that while music and phone calls can be heard through the BlueTooth device, notifcation sounds are coming through the phone AND the BlueTooth. After a quick Google search I see others are having this same problem and it's not a new issue but I see no resolution.

I'm about to take a 12 hour train trip this weekend and I do not want to p*ss off a bunch of people with every blip and bleep my phone makes while I'm enjoying music or an audiobook.

Anyone got a solid fix for this? I've already done the standard turning off and turning back on the device. I'm about to try pairing and unpairing the BlueTooth but I don't have much faith in that. By the way, I the headset is a lovely Logitech H800 and I haven't had this problem with any other phone before.

I am annoyed! Smiley Frustrated

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Looks like I’ve found a fix. Anyone else having the same problem might want to try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=David+Woods App is called SoundAbout.

Apparently the notifications not coming out to BlueTooth is Android software’s way of providing safety. Strange but I’d rather have control over this. Glad I didn’t reset my phone thinking it was something that was a problem and not just a default.

Scholar

• 

72 Messages

10 years ago

@JustPatricia  Hard to say why this is happening but you can always set your phone to vibrate while on the train and listening to music.  Sounds like some kind of BT bug.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you but no, that would drain my battery faster. I just want the phone to work like it's supposed to. Nothing special, just normal BlueTooth audio when BlueTooth is connected.

But thanks for replying.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.