Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: LG G5 Update Unlocked Outside the US

Tutor

LG G5 Update Unlocked Outside the US

The update for Nougat came out for the h820 recently and I want to update to it. I bought an H820 when I still lived in the US. Unfortunately I had to move back to The Netherlands. I want to update my phone but am not sure if I can. The phone is unlocked but I still have my AT&T sim card, but the number/line is not active anymore. I have tried using LG Bridge but that gives me an error when it tries to check the current firmware. Please help.

Sincerely,

A concerned user

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Veliion
‎02-22-2017 1:19 PM

@Veliion wrote:

The update for Nougat came out for the h820 recently and I want to update to it. I bought an H820 when I still lived in the US. Unfortunately I had to move back to The Netherlands. I want to update my phone but am not sure if I can. The phone is unlocked but I still have my AT&T sim card, but the number/line is not active anymore. I have tried using LG Bridge but that gives me an error when it tries to check the current firmware. Please help.

Sincerely,

A concerned user

You wont get updates unless you in the united states connect to the att network with a working sim card.  ATT does not make there updates available with tools like LG bridge.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Tutor

Man, that's not nice to hear. Thank you.

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

AT&T it's a s.hit don't release the firmware for this phone and you can't update outside of the US, worse company ever.
Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

Buy a phone for your region or country then.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Contributor

Seriously?

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support