The Samsung Galaxy S24
Veliion's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 7:58 PM

LG G5 Update Unlocked Outside the US

The update for Nougat came out for the h820 recently and I want to update to it. I bought an H820 when I still lived in the US. Unfortunately I had to move back to The Netherlands. I want to update my phone but am not sure if I can. The phone is unlocked but I still have my AT&T sim card, but the number/line is not active anymore. I have tried using LG Bridge but that gives me an error when it tries to check the current firmware. Please help.

Sincerely,

A concerned user

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Veliion wrote:

The update for Nougat came out for the h820 recently and I want to update to it. I bought an H820 when I still lived in the US. Unfortunately I had to move back to The Netherlands. I want to update my phone but am not sure if I can. The phone is unlocked but I still have my AT&T sim card, but the number/line is not active anymore. I have tried using LG Bridge but that gives me an error when it tries to check the current firmware. Please help.

Sincerely,

A concerned user

You wont get updates unless you in the united states connect to the att network with a working sim card.  ATT does not make there updates available with tools like LG bridge.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Man, that's not nice to hear. Thank you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

AT&T it's a s.hit don't release the firmware for this phone and you can't update outside of the US, worse company ever.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Buy a phone for your region or country then.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Seriously?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.