For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
NCSUAaron's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 8:52 PM

LG G5 Nougat Notifications

I upgraded my LG G5 to Nougat a couple of days ago. 

I like the concept of the Bundled Notifications.  However, prior to upgrading, if I had, say, an E-Mail notification (or Hangouts, or whatever), and I checked that e-mail or message on another device (say my computer), the notification on my G5 would, as expected, go away (as there was no longer a 'new' message to alert me of).

Now than I am on Nougat with the bundled notifications, this is no longer happening.  So, if I get a new e-mail, and I check, respond, and delete the e-mail in Outlook on my computer, that e-mail still shows up in the Bundeled Notification for E-mail.  Even if I "deal" with ALL e-mails in the bundled notification, all of them still show up in the shade.

Any way anyone has come across to go back to notifications being cleared if I retrieve the message elsewhere?  I'd rather go back to non-bundeled notifications than have to address items I've already addressed elsewhere.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@NCSUAaron wrote:

I upgraded my LG G5 to Nougat a couple of days ago. 

I like the concept of the Bundled Notifications.  However, prior to upgrading, if I had, say, an E-Mail notification (or Hangouts, or whatever), and I checked that e-mail or message on another device (say my computer), the notification on my G5 would, as expected, go away (as there was no longer a 'new' message to alert me of).

Now than I am on Nougat with the bundled notifications, this is no longer happening.  So, if I get a new e-mail, and I check, respond, and delete the e-mail in Outlook on my computer, that e-mail still shows up in the Bundeled Notification for E-mail.  Even if I "deal" with ALL e-mails in the bundled notification, all of them still show up in the shade.

Any way anyone has come across to go back to notifications being cleared if I retrieve the message elsewhere?  I'd rather go back to non-bundeled notifications than have to address items I've already addressed elsewhere.

yeah it does not work like that anymore.  Once the notification is on the device it stays till you clear it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Uggh... not what I wanted to hear.  But, thanks for the info.  Any 3rd party apps or other methods to revert to previous preferred behavior?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@NCSUAaron wrote:

Uggh... not what I wanted to hear.  But, thanks for the info.  Any 3rd party apps or other methods to revert to previous preferred behavior?

wrong topic

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Not sure I know what you mean.  I don't have a watch of any sort.  I am referring to my LG G5 handset.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@NCSUAaron wrote:

Not sure I know what you mean.  I don't have a watch of any sort.  I am referring to my LG G5 handset.

@NCSUAaron

my fault I wanted to post this in another thread...  How it got here I have no clue...  so sorry.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@NCSUAaron wrote:

@NCSUAaron

you might wana try nova launcher which will replace the LG launcher on the phone.  Its more fluid and may have what your looking for since it offer tons of customization

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks @GLIMMERMAN76.  I downloaded Nova Launcher, but I can't figure out yet how to change anything about the Notifications.  I looked through all of the settings, but nothing has popped out as being obviously notifications-related.  I'll keep looking, though, but I don't think Nova changes the way notifications work.  Thanks for the direction, though.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@NCSUAaron wrote:

Thanks @GLIMMERMAN76.  I downloaded Nova Launcher, but I can't figure out yet how to change anything about the Notifications.  I looked through all of the settings, but nothing has popped out as being obviously notifications-related.  I'll keep looking, though, but I don't think Nova changes the way notifications work.  Thanks for the direction, though.

@NCSUAaron

sorry it didnt help..  I have not used nova since I started using my pixel xl in october unless I am using my s7 active for wifi calling.  I will do some more digging tho.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.